Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Error 2 message while installing dropbox on Windows 10

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I have tried pretty much everything (even installing windows from scratch) but failed to download the desktop version of Dropbox after I uninstalled it earlier today. 

There is a lot of work that I need to do over the weekend and using the web version is just not efficient. I'd really appreciate if someone here can help me out. 

I'm using Windows 10, 2015, (64-bit). 

Danish

3 Replies

Re: Error 2 message while installing dropbox on Windows 10

Dropboxer
Hey there @danishussalam,

If you’re receiving an Error 2 message when trying to install the desktop app on your computer, would you mind checking out this post here by Jane regarding this issue to see if this helps you to resolve this error?

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 2

Hi @Daphne ,

My apologies. I forgot to mention that I've already tried the steps mentioned in Jane's post, but it didn't work. 

I didn't understand setting up the PATH environmental variable step in her post.  I do see what she wrote in my path variable but a lot more along with it.

"%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\"

Danish

Dropboxer

To do some further investigation into this, would you mind if I reached out through our Support channel to the email address associated with your Community profile?

Otherwise, if you have already submitted a ticket with Support for this issue, please let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567) and I can follow up there.

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Error 2 message while installing dropbox on Windows 10
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post