cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything is zoomed in when I use the desktop app

Everything is zoomed in when I use the desktop app

jwstanton
New member | Level 2

2019 iMac OS Mojave - while using Dropbox desktop app it suddenly zooms to about 500% of normal size and nothing I try will reduce it. Dropbox preferences don't show any options either. I have to close the app and then reopen it constantly.

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jwstanton, thanks for checking with us. 

I'd be more than happy to help, I'll just need a bit more info to make sure that we're on the same page. For example:

• Is it the desktop app itself or specific files that you're seeing as zoomed in?
  • Have you tried a complete reboot of your computer?
  • Could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you're seeing?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

FrustratedDRAGONuser
New member | Level 2

I cannot for the life of me figure this out either...its extremely frustrating, I have been using dropbox for years, this new update is really messing things up for me. My dropbox app takes up ENTIRE screen on my 27" iMac; I dont need that. I need to be able to resize it

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @FrustratedDRAGONuser, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd be more than happyo help look into this with you, I'll just need a few more details, as mentioned in my previous post. For example:

• Is it the desktop app itself or the Dropbox folder from your Finder that's zoomed in?
  • Did you try rebooting your computer by any chance?

If you could send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you describe, that would be very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

helperfriend
New member | Level 2

Hi! I found your question when I was having this same issue myself. What worked for me was with the zoomed in Dropbox app open, so go up the menu and select Dropbox > Quit Dropbox. Once I reopened it was back to normal view. Hope that helps!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

helperfriend New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    FrustratedDRAGONuser New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?