Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

File Event Changes Missing From System Tray Icon

Helpful | Level 6

I used to be able to click on the tray icon to see recent file change/updates etc..

This is no longer any where to be seen..

I see recent activity and notifications just dont see file changes

Why has it been removed?

7 Replies

Re: File Event Changes Missing From System Tray Icon

Dropboxer
Hey @CUZ11N, that’s a great question; thanks for taking the time to drop us a line here! 

Now, I’d say that there are two places to check for the missing Notifications. For starters, can you make sure that you’ve enabled Notifications for "Edits to files" (Click on the Dropbox icon on your system tray/ menu bar gear icon➡️ Preferences➡️ Notifications➡️ Edits to Files➡️ ☑️ )? 

From there, as you’re seeing your Recent view upon clicking the Dropbox icon on on your system tray/menu bar, you should see the Team Activity/ My Activity toggle on the top right-hand corner. Have you by any chance switched between these two options to see if this helps you locate the edits you’re looking for? 

Please let me know how you get on with those hints whenever you get a chance. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the reply @Jane 

Edits to Files is ticked

I do see my activity.. but the Team activity is blank...

Do i have to add the other member to a Team (not sure how to do it)??

I know other people have edited the file on their but nothing shows up on my end,  all though dropbox has updated the file.

ps: recent test showed the other memeber uploaded files in Team activity. I edit some files on my server pc and it showed in the My activity, but after a few mins they disapeared.. it shows my last update was 2 days ago...

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back in touch with me here @CUZ11N! Now, based on your last message, it looks like you’ve been able to see both the "My Activity” & the “Team Activity” fields automatically updating with the content you’ve edited recently, is that right? 

Now, I’m interested in following-up a bit closer on your description that:

I edit some files on my server pc and it showed in the My activity, but after a few mins they disapeared.. 

Unlinking & relinking your account on your desktop once can be helpful as a quick fix, since it recreates the local database. Would you mind giving it a go at your earliest convenience? When you do so, could you have a look at your overlay icons to see if your files are syncing correctly Arrows Counter Clock/White check mark?

From there, just so as to make sure I have a clear picture of how this appears on your end, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the disappearing Notes on your Recents; please include it in your next post here if possible. 

Once I have the details above, I’ll try to focus on that a bit closer. Thanks again for keeping in touch with me here! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 6

@Jane Hi

I have unlinked all 3 PC and re-linked them.

All files have green licks on the icons on all 3 PCs.

Please find attached Events page and all 3 notification pages.

Notice the 00000000 files, they poped up in My Activity but disappeared pretty quick this time (couldnt catch it).

Hope this is sufficient..

Thank for all help..

Missing Notifications On Tray Icon Menus.jpg

Dropboxer
I appreciate the detailed reply with the screenshots @CUZ11N; let me have a closer look on the behavior you're describing us through our Official Support channel. I’ve now sent you a brief message & once you reply back to me there, I’ll review your account specifics & see if that's expected or not. Please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks!

Jane

Helpful | Level 6

@Jane Hi

That email was right and mine... I havent replyed though

Thanx for all effort.. Atm I just bookmarked https://www.dropbox.com/events

and check in on that for now.

Notifications seems to be only specific file type the 0000 files have no extensions that could be why it not showing in the activities...

Once again thanx for all help....

Dropboxer
Ah, I see @CUZ11N, & that’s exactly the reason why I’ve emailed you, as I wasn’t sure whether that pertains to certain content & I needed to check back on the info I have on my end. It’s amazing that you managed to figure it out on your end though; that’s some great news indeed & thanks a lot for sharing with me here. 🤓

It will be a pleasure to work with you again in the future if you have any additional questions or thoughts; just ping us back here & we’ll do our best to check back with you. Take care until we talk again & happy Dropboxing! 

Jane

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

File Event Changes Missing From System Tray Icon
7 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post