cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File list on iPad no longer expands

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

New iOS version today says I can now get rid of the Preview pane but HOW? Waited so long for this and now I can't work out how to do it!!

87 Replies 87

jrcchicago
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Add one more to the list of customers having the same problem - the X in the upper left of the preview pane disappeared when I updated my iPad to iOS 13.1 (more than a week ago). After reading this thread this evening (6 October 2019) I have rebooted my iPad and deleted and reinstalled the app (v. 160.2), but the X remains missing. Please keep this issue at the top of the priority list to repair. 

Editing to note that this post has a "Solved! Go to solution." link underneath it, but that solution is for the original post in April 2018, not for those of us having the problem in October 2019. 

Frater
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here. Happened when I upgraded IOS 

Jmc7581
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same. This problem is NOT SOLVED.  It makes the App unusable - I can't read the names of my files, because I can't make the preview panel go away!

rhockman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm using Dropbox on iPad and my file names are truncated.  Up until very recently it was possible to close the preview pane and have the file list take up the majority of the width.  There was even a thread about it here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/Ipad-and-Iphone-viewing-of-long-file-names/m-p...

As of this evening that "x" is gone, and I'm back to staring at gibberish in my file list.  Please restore that close functionality.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for participating in our Community @rhockman

We understand how much of a problem this is. I moved your feedback to this thread to add up to it. 

I am confident our team will be able to resolve this with a future version of the app. 

We greatly appreciate your patience. Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Frater
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Updated to 162.2.6 and it still is not working

KMY
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here! So darn frustrating! Come on Dropbox!!

JacobDrummond
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

In early 2018 Dropbox iPad introduced full-width file lists: https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/18/dropbox-ios-full-screen-ipad/. This meant users could finally read file names longer than a dozen characters.

Dropbox iPad 162.2.6 has reverted back to a narrow sidebar file list. Most of my files are PDFs with names dozens of characters long. This latest update has rendered Dropbox essentially useless to me. 

Could you restore the full-width file list feature in Dropbox ipad?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @JacobDrummond - welcome to the Community!

I'm writing to let you know that I moved your post under this thread as we've had some similar reports lately.

As aforementioned, the team are aware and working on it already. 

Whenever I have more to share, I'll make sure to update this thread accordingly.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime Jacob. 

[EDIT]: I'm UN-accepting the solution here to avoid confusion. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

LyndaL
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Since updating to iOS 13.1.2, using the Dropbox app, I'm no longer able expand the file list column over the preview area. I only get the small column on the left of the screen to see file names.

Anyone else with this issue? 
Solution?

Need more support?