Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Folder Photos not shown in Webbrowser

Collaborator | Level 8

I have a problem with Dropbox in Webbrowser. The Folder "Photos" not shown. I have a Windows 7 PC. Windows 7 64-Bit and Internet Explorer and Firefox. All Programs are up to date. Dropbox in Version 56.4.94.

I have a Folder "Pictures Matthias" and "Pictures Tamara". In these Folders on my PC. I have about 10 Pictures in each Folder.

Syncronisation is allready done. When I log in to my Dropbox-Account in Internet Explorer or Firefox, the Folder "Photos" not shown. In the Folders "Pictures Matthias" and "Pictures Tamara" the Photos are there. The extra Site "Dropbox-Photos" is allright.

What is the Problem here ? I would upgrade my Account to Dropbox Plus, but not with this issue.

The Android App and iOS App shown the Folder "Photos". The same I want for the Webbrowser.

With best regards from Germany

mgerlaDropbox Issue 1.JPGScreenshot in German

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Folder Photos not shown in Webbrowser

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, could you try navigating to the following page to see if you can access the photos page in general?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Collaborator | Level 8
This is what I mean with "extra Site". Here I can see my Photos. On the left side there is no Folder "Photos".

But I want the Folder "Photos" when I logged in to my Dropbox in the Webbrowser.

About a half year ago I could see this Folder.

mgerla

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
For personal Dropbox accounts we removed the original Photos page on July 17, 2017 and replaced it with a new one, which has been redesigned to better align with the rest of the Dropbox website.

As a part of this change, we removed the link to the Photos page from the left-hand sidebar.

Users on personal Dropbox accounts can still access a view of all of their photos on the link I provided previously.

I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to our development team.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 8

I can't believe this. I have the same issue in January 2018. I posted the question in the German Dropbox Support Community. After a complete Syncronisation the Folder "Photos" was there. Belive me. This was on 19. January (201smiling face with sunglasses.

I don't log in to my Dropbox Account in the Webbrowser so often. But I know what I saw in January 2018. Since this time I did not logged in anymore. Now I want to see if the Folder "Photos" is still allready there. But it isn't.  An other Dropbox-User has confirmed to me that this Folder is still there (January 201smiling face with sunglasses. He posted a Screenshot of his site.

So it must be wrong that the Folder "Photos" on the left side isn' t there since 2017.

I want to upgrade my Account to Dropbox Plus but now I will think it over again.

mgerla

Collaborator | Level 8

Since yesterday evening the left side displayed "Photos". I think the error is related with the re-indexing of the data. In January I didn't change the data. Make a Sync and the "Photos" Category are on the left side. Now I delete all my photos (about 30 Pictures) an uploaded 2 Videos.

So I think that the re-indexing needs the Time. After re-indexing was done the Category "Photos" was shown on the left side.

Today I upgraded my Account to Dropbox Plus. This weekend I will start to upload my Data to my Account.

I hope the erreor does not appear again.

With best regards from Germany

mgerla

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Folder Photos not shown in Webbrowser
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution