cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X to close photos on split screen gone in v160.

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

New iOS version today says I can now get rid of the Preview pane but HOW? Waited so long for this and now I can't work out how to do it!!

87 Replies 87

wonton46
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have rebooted the iPad. There is 231 GB space available and I am using 158.2.6 version of Dropbox. 

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for the additional info. 

If rebooting didn't fix it, next step is to reinstall. No worries, reinstalling the application will not affect your files. 

Let me know if the issue persists. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

wonton46
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I deleted Dropbox and reinstalled and still have the same issue 😞

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for getting back to me about this. Is the "x" missing completely or just not responding? 

Can I reach out to you via email to further check on this please?

I can use the address you have associated with your account in Community. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

wonton46
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes the "x" is totally missing. Yes you may contact me. Thank you. 

tutu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Since updating my iPad Pro to iOS 13.1, I   been unable to close the pop-up window on the right pane. There used to be an 'x' to close the window but not anymore.  Consequently I am unable to allow the list of files to be full screen. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@wonton46 I have emailed you to further work on this. :envelope:

Please respond to the email. If you can't see the email, check the spam and get back to me here to let me know. 

Hi @tutu! Thank you for adding your report to this relevant thread. Let me know if you have already tried to reinstall and the version of Dropbox you are running. Did the issue with the "x" missing appear after your latest update?

Thanks!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

vivian w.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After the recent iOS update to 13.1.1, the "x" is now missing from the preview pane. Again, it is no longer possible to collapse the preview pane in iPad app. Is there a new solution for collapsing the preview pane that I may have overlooked? Thanks!

KateRobert
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

In the latest version of Dropbox for iPad, v 160 (got it on Sep 27,2019) the X on the split screen when looking at the larger size of a thumbnail photo has disappeared. This stops me from going back to full screen files or thumbnail photos.  This is a real pain as now I am restricted to 3 wide only colum of thumbnails...  

how can I get the X (close) back or is this a bug?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @KateRobert - welcome to our Community!

At first, could you send me a screenshot of how this looks like on your end and the steps you take that result in this so I can investigate further?

In addition, have you by any chance tried to reboot your iPad to see if this resolves this matter?

Moreover, could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account to make sure we've covered all bases? 

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Let me know how this goes and we'll take it from there. 

EDIT: I merged your post under this thread as the issue you described seem to be related with the one outlined here. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?