cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPadOS Version Quality

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

New iOS version today says I can now get rid of the Preview pane but HOW? Waited so long for this and now I can't work out how to do it!!

87 Replies 87

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking that for me @JohnTheGeek and thanks for contributing to this discussion @m-go

I've moved this thread here where other users describe the same experience. 

As @Walter and @Fiona also mention, our team is aware and looking into this for you. 

Thanks for your reports and feedback, peeps! :slight_smile:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GeoC1010
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have same problem! 

iPad 6th generation

iOS V13.1.3

Dropbox 162.2.6

The "X" to close the preview pane has disappeared. 

How do I get it back?

Thanks

Edward W.10
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Why can’t we hide the preview pane any more? It seems like this ability was taken away a few versions ago. This is horrible. It’s all but impossible to manage files with evenly slightly long file names.

Random4423
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I agree, it was a feature I really appreciated, when I’m done with a file I would close it and navigate to other folders in full screen mode, now I can’t do either of those things. I can’t even read my folder names because the side navigation bar is too small. I really hope this is fixed soon.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your reports @Edward W.10 & @Random4423

Note that I moved your posts under this thread as it echoes the issue described here.

@GeoC1010 : As aforementioned, our team is aware and currently working on this. We'll update this thread once we have more information to share.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JohnTheGeek
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I see. I’m not the only person reporting this.  Glad to hear you guys are escalating this to the dev team.

EDIT: This is my icon browse view.  So much wasted space...

CE05A9AE-CB65-4040-9F75-DC0838EF333C.png

Frater
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Nothing has changed after this mornings update. This is ridiculous. I am being asked to explore alternatives for my organization.

Psiax76
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This issue makes the app nearly unusable, so I hope DropBox will correct this in hours/days, not weeks/months.

Thank you.

GeoC1010
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yeah, it is ridiculous!!! I plan to explore other options and move on when my plan ends. 

Jasonlaldrich
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My IPad is still having this problem. Any solution yet. I have the same frustrations as everyone else on this thread.
Need more support?