Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Ghosted login screen on Smart TV

New member | Level 2

I have a Samsung 2017 'The Frame' TV and have been able to login to my Dropbox account and view files on my TV via the internet app.  Last weekend we replaced our modem and we reconnected the TV to the wifi.  Everything else seems to be working just fine, except when I go to login to drop box, I just get the 'ghosted' login screen. When I type my user email name and password it types over the email and password words - it's like it doesn't recognise i'm typing anything in.  Some other discussions I've looked at indicate that internet explorer doesn't support dropbox, but I have not had any luck via google either.  Any suggestions out there? 

1 Reply

Re: Ghosted login screen on Smart TV

Dropboxer
Hey @gjam71, just to ensure that we’re on the same page, would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of this so as to have a better visual of what you describe?

Thank you in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Ghosted login screen on Smart TV
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post