cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Google Docs + Safari - not working

Google Docs + Safari - not working

mstgrv
Helpful | Level 5

I'm trying to use Google Docs with Dropbox and I'm having issues with Safari.

I've created a doc, but when I go to edit it, Safari says:

"Google Sheets needs access

Google Sheets needs to authenticate your session. Please allow cookie access for Google Sheets by clicking here.

Learn more to allow access to third-party cookies."

So I click the "here" link to allow cookies, but then I get the following message:

"Cookie access failed

Without cookie access, Google Sheets cannot authenticate your session. Please allow access to continue to Google Sheets by clicking here."

Clicking "here" in this case does nothing.

Using Chrome, everything works fine, but I'm stuck with these errors on Safari. There's no 3rd party cookies setting I can see in Safari settings either (I'm on 10.14.5).

Any clues as to how to get this working with Sarafi?
40 Replies 40

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey @inthemoment, thanks for joining the discussion!

There's a few things I'd like to check with you to see if everything is set up correctly.

Can you please check your connected apps page here, to see if your Google account is showing as connected there?

Also, is this the same email that is associated with your Dropbox account? The emails on both the Dropbox and Google accounts need to match for the integration to work.

Finally, apologies for the very delayed reply @fibershedmari, are you still having trouble with this?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rf7
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Daphne, I`m exactly in the same point as @inthemoment. I keep clicking on Sign In, and it keeps taking me back to the same page telling me to sign in. I`ve accessed your link and google account is showing connected. I`ve tried all the sugestions you mentioned above and it didn`t work. i`ve tried uninstalling and re-installing dropbox app, but didn`t work either. It doesn`t happen in chrome, only in safari.

Is there any solution?

Peter R.42
Helpful | Level 6

Same here.  Firefox gives me a link to click on to approve access, then gives me another link that does nothing.  Chrome asks me to sign in with my Goodle account over and over again.  Seems like something happened, either with Google or Dropbox, over the last few days, I wasn't javing this issue last week.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey peeps, thanks for joining us here!

Would you mind if I reached out to the email linked with your profile @rf7, so that we can do some further investigation into this? Through our Support channel I'll be able to have a better look into this with you.

@Peter R.42, would you mind just trying an incognito window to see if there is any change in behaviour there? Also, can you try clearing the browser cache and trying again?

Are the accounts that you're signed into via Dropbox and Google under the same email address?

Keep me posted all!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Peter R.42
Helpful | Level 6

So today:

1.  After clearing cache, everything is fine in Firefox;

2.  Chrome works fine in incognito mode, but in regular mode it keeps giving me a google sign-in page (even after clearing cache).  I don't really use Chrome much so I can live with this.

I hope other users find a solution so easily.

Thanks!

rf7
Explorer | Level 3

No problem for being in touch through the email. I`m still having the problem and I`m very interested in solving it. Thanks

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey peeps, I hope you're all having a good day so far!

Thanks for your update @Peter R.42. If the integration is working okay through the incognito window, then it suggests that one of your browser extensions is interfering. 

Perhaps you can try disabling them one by one until there is any change in the behaviour to see if you can isolate the cause within Chrome? That's if you'd like to of course!

@rf7, I've reached out to your email. Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

KAPINNEY
New member | Level 2

To Whom It May Concern,

I am trying to work with dropbox on my safari browser. I have the dropbox app downloaded on my MacBook Air (using macOS Catalina). When I try to open dropbox via the app, online website, or file folder,  I receive this message: "Google Sheets needs access. Google Sheets needs to authenticate your session. Please allow cookie access for Google Sheets by clicking hereLearn more to allow access to third-party cookies." 

I have triued clicking on the "click here" button and receive this response: "Cookie access failed. Without cookie access, Google Sheets cannot authenticate your session. Please allow access to continue to Google Sheets by clicking hereLearn more to allow access to third-party cookies." 

How do I fix this issue? In reading some online posts, it looks like some people have recommended Deleted Caches and also your browser history. I have done this several times but the issue soon repeats itself a few minutes later. Any insight into this technical issue would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Hi @KAPINNEY

Sorry to hear that Safari is giving you this error. 

We have an onoging discussion with other people reporting the same issue, so I am merging your post there to have all reports in the same thread.

A few questions for you:

1. Do you get the same issue with other browsers? 
  2. Can you please check your connected apps page here, to see if your Google account is showing as connected there?

Thank you!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

KAPINNEY
New member | Level 2

Google Chrome opens the documents fine, but the MacBook Air (macOS Catalina) fan starts going crazy. It sounds like an airplane is taking off. When you close Chrome and Dropbox, this goes away. 

Safari does not open any Dropbox google sheets/excel spreadsheets. It does work with Dropbox Word Documents. 

Have not tried Firefox. 

Google account is linked in Dropbox. 

Need more support?