cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Google forms with uploads to DropBox

Google forms with uploads to DropBox

Accuro-James
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

We currently use Google forms to capture visit data from our Cleaning and GM rounds, Daily Van checks, Waste tip logs, Chemical spraying logs and Playground safety logs.
We use a simple tick box check list and image uploads via a form that are all neatly sent over to a spreadsheet that shows the data in fields with links to images. 

All this data is downloaded once a month added to our Dropbox and shared with our clients as evidence of service.

Effectively im looking for a way to cut out the middle man (google) and have the same forms, that provide the data, before and after images (images via a clickable link), tasks performed, and so on, via spread sheet. 

Example form https://forms.gle/xjFFEcR5A261Ywnu9

Spreadsheet screenshot 

screenshotscreenshotIs there a way of importing all the forms ive already created into dropbox or can you direct me on how to build the forms from scratch?

Thanks for any help in advance 

James 

4 Replies 4

Accuro-James
New member | Level 2

Sorry i forgot to add, that all staff use iphones and windows phones to fill the forms and take images that are uploaded while they are on site. 

This helps give us visibility of when work was done as the spread sheet give a date/time stamp once the upload is complete 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @Accuro-James,

The integration with Google offers to create, edit and share Google Docs, Sheets and Slides within Dropbox. So currently, you wouldn’t be able to save or import your Forms within your Dropbox account. 

It seems that the set up you’re using at the moment might be the most optimal, with backing up your Sheet within Dropbox at certain periods. 

I know that this isn’t exactly what you wanted to hear but I hope it will clarify the situation for you at least. If you have any other questions about this though, please do get back to me here and I’ll be more than happy to help.

Have a great weekend ahead - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mudslag
New member | Level 2

Hi James, Im looking to do the exact same thing as you for the company I work for. I was wondering if you found a work around since posting this? Thanks

gumilar
Helpful | Level 5

I will support this idea.

I provide translation business and as a workflow for ordering, I prefer client to fill a form providing their details, and they can upload their files directly to dropbox (current upload only go to Google drive) and I still have plenty of space in Google. I hope that Dropbox can give a feature similar to Google Form with all editing of sheets and file storage of the files uploaded by customers will directly go to Dropbox. File Request cannot cater this, not integrated into a form like Google Form. 

I expect a product called Dropbox Form can be invented.

Need more support?