cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grammarly does not work on Dropbox Google Doc

Grammarly does not work on Dropbox Google Doc

stephenandelo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have premium Grammarly and try to move Google Drive subscription entirely to dropbox. However, Google doc on Dropbox does not work. Please fix this! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey peeps, 

I just wanted to add to what @Jane mentions. 

After doing an investigation and consulting with the team, it seems that Grammarly for Chrome is being beta tested in Google Docs. 

If you're not a Chrome user, you should still be able to upload and check your files in their online platform. 

I hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @stephenandelo, thanks for taking the time to post your report on the Dropbox Community! 

It’s my understanding that you’re enquiring about the Dropbox & GSuite integration. Just so as to determine whether there’s a conflict between the two apps, could you walk me through the steps you’re following on your end & the results you’re getting, in order to make sure I’m following-up on the right thing? Any visual aid you included on this message would also be helpful (omitting personal info), so as to better determine what's happening; please include it in your next message if possible. 

Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to clarify matters for me; I’ll be awaiting your next message! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

stephenandelo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jane, 

Yes, it's about integration Dropbox & GSuite.

in a nutshell:

- If I use Google Doc from GSuite, Grammarly works

- If I use Google Doc from Dropbox, Grammarly does not work

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the speedy reply @stephenandelo! So, it’s the browser extension that’s not working? If so, would you mind including two side-by-side screenshots (omitting personal info) of what it looks like on both websites? Please include these in your next message if that's okay with you. Thanks again for taking the time to gather a bit more info for me!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

sondrasneed
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I see there was not a reply from the original poster.  I will be happy to show what it's doing, as it also doesn't work for me

This is a Google Doc from Dropbox editor

Screenshot 2019-08-26 12.05.20.png

Screenshot 2019-08-26 12.08.30.png

stephenandelo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Jane yes, I have the exact same problem with @sondrasneed 

is it because the integration is currently not supported or it's a bug?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Ah, thanks for the screengrabs @sondrasneed; that was really helpful! 

Kindly note that I ran a search on my end @stephenandelo  & I couldn’t locate an active integration with Dropbox, so it would be best to enquire about the functionality you have in mind to the devs of the app in question, as they ‘re your most direct point of contact on this request. In any event, I appreciate the time you devoted to illustrate me how you’ve pictured that; I’ve now made sure to include your thoughts in my report internally as your feedback helps us continuously evolve. 

Thanks again to everyone who posted us here to express their interest in utilizing this feature with Dropbox! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey peeps, 

I just wanted to add to what @Jane mentions. 

After doing an investigation and consulting with the team, it seems that Grammarly for Chrome is being beta tested in Google Docs. 

If you're not a Chrome user, you should still be able to upload and check your files in their online platform. 

I hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

NaturalLifestyl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When will it be actively working?

Also a primer licence user of Grammarly and it is not working

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @NaturalLifestyl, thanks for checking in with us. 

You can check out this link that I found on the matter and also contact Grammarly Support for more info. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    NaturalLifestyl New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    stephenandelo Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?