cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: notification

How can I clear notifications

NG3
New member | Level 2

i need to know how to clear the notification panel. i got sum notification which i need to clear from panel. pls help

65 Replies 65

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @NG3 - how are you today?

Could you please clarify if you're referring to the desktop app, the website version or our mobile application? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ianstudio
New member | Level 2

Same question here... ALL OF THEM, especially the Desktop Menu on Mac in my case ! There should definitely be a way to delete all notifications, not just HIDE them and defintely no one by one.. there needs to be a bulk way for doing this. Sometimes really old ones from ages ago as in years... reappear.. BUGGY.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thank you for your feedback on this one Ian - much appreciated. I'll be passing it on to our developers for future improvements. 

In the meantime, note that you can disable or enable notifications on the Dropbox desktop application by following these steps:

1) Click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar
2) Click on the gray colored gear icon
3) Select "Preferences..."
4) Toggle the boxes of the notifications you'd like to enable or disable.

[To remove specific notifications you already have in the notifications panel of the Dropbox desktop application, you can click the three dots at the upper right corner of the notification you'd like to remove, and then click remove.]

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more feedback or questions @ianstudio

Walter
dropbox.com/support

bsteve
Explorer | Level 4

This would be all well and good if there were actually three dots somewhere on a notification. I have random notifications from 1, 2 years ago that just won't go away. Meanwhile, I no longer get useful notifications of new file updates.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Could you forward a screenshot of that so I can get a better view of the matter at hand @bsteve?

Also, note that the desktop application can display notifications on your computer when changes are detected in your Dropbox account while you should be able to choose which notifications you'll receive as well: 

1. Click the Dropbox icon from your menu bar (Mac) or system tray (Win/Linux).
  2. Click the gear icon and select Preferences... from the menu.
  3. Check or uncheck the boxes under Notify me about to choose which notifications you'll receive.

Let me know how this goes!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6

Hello

I agree with all the community requests about the need to be able to hide (or otherwise permanently remove) notifications in bulk.

Walter, we do not necessarily want to TURN OFF the notifications. That is easy to do.

Our issue is having to go through each of the received notifications *in two steps* (!!) to get rid of a notification we have dealt with.

There should be an option to delete all "read" notifications.

And if we are going through them one by one to delete them, DB should learn that we are not trying to register a complaint about an obscene notification. We are trying to clear our workspace. The 2-step remove procedure should fade out.

Please can you give us a fix for this immediately?

Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your input on this one @claire m.16!

Even though I'm not in any decision making team and cannot comment on when or if this gets implemented, I'll make sure to pass your comments on to our dev team in my internal feedback report - thank you for showing your interest in this.

I'm logging this as a feature request for an option to clear all read notifications from the desktop app's menu.

If there's anything else you'd like to add, please let me know Claire; I'll be happy to follow up!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6
Use your power Walter!!!

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6

Also Walter, please include in your report that this thread has been viewed 1088 times. That means it is significant.
Thanks

claire

Need more support?