cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: notification

How can I clear notifications

NG3
New member | Level 2

i need to know how to clear the notification panel. i got sum notification which i need to clear from panel. pls help

65 Replies 65

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I'll make a note of this too Claire - thanks for the suggestion.

Have a great day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Michael M.224
Helpful | Level 7

I would also like to see better management of notifications.

With over 50 programs of various types clamouring for attention on a daily basis it become a significant (and unnessary) chore to keep them cleaned up.  I hope your programmers can keep that in mind.

What I would like to see is:

1)  a one click dismiss

2) a one click delete (with verification)

3) Access to the notification database with simple database managment tools.

The information in the notifications can be useful, it is not clear what removal means.  Is it deleted or just hidden?  If hidden how can I see them?  If not deleted why not?

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6

Very clearly stated Michael.M224

I agree with all your points.

Go for it Walter!

Claire

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Michael M.224 - thanks for providing your precise, descriptive feedback; it really helps a bunch!

I'll make sure all your comments are passed to the product team; your constructive feedback is what helped us improve our services and features all these years after all.

On a side note, I've also moved this post under the 'Share an Idea' section of our Community for more visibility. Other users can find it and upvote it too!

Happy Monday people!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks Walter!

If I can find the shared idea I will definitely upvote. :grinning:

ACEkin
New member | Level 2

Very appropriate requests. I would like to add my strong wish for this feature, at least the ability to select multiple notices before deleting them with the three-dot menu.

dafi
New member | Level 2

I am suprised to see in 2019 that you cannot clear the read history in notifications. Easy fix for a service I am paying for.

Tech-Daddy
New member | Level 2
I agree with everyone else here … and Walter, you should know that since Dropbox 74 appeared (on the Mac, anyway) those "three dots" ARE GONE. I used to be able to delete / remove old notifications albeit tediously, one by one. There is now absolutely NO WAY WHATSOEVER to remove the dozens and dozens of years-old notifications that are now showing again in the Dropbox desktop menu on my Mac… notifications that are no longer relevant and in some cases bring back bad memories. Removing this ability is an unbelievably bad design choice for a service I'm paying $$$ for! PLEASE tell the UI team to give us the ability to, with ONE simple click, clear/remove all old notifications, please. Even Apple FACETIME has this!! (It's called "clear all recents") … this should not be a difficult thing to do.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your input on this one @Tech-Daddy - I'll pass your comments on to our dev team in my internal feedback report to let them know about this.

If there's anything else you'd like to add, don't hesitate to let me know; I'm only a post away!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

claire m.16
Helpful | Level 6

For gosh sake Walter, reading all these descriptions makes me wonder how the developers can sleep at night.

Why would this request to be able to delete all read notices, be a low-priority issue?

Why are the developers taking weeks, months, in fact years to address this?

Need more support?