Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

no

Re: notification

Explorer | Level 3

Yup, mine looks like that too. Today I got a "notification" from Dropbox to join a team - except that they're all people I've never heard of, and I can't get rid of the notification. I used to be an analyst/programmer so I can say with some confidence that this is lousy programming.

Helpful | Level 5

This is ridiculous. I know of no other system that does not let you clear notifications.  Some of mine have no menu [...], and if they do, there is no remove. I have ones from Dropbox that are three years old. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. 

You should be able hide acknowledged notifications, search and select notifications, delete or acknowlege selected notifications.Annotation 2019-09-05 095622.png

Helpful | Level 6

In Dropbox version 81.3.190 still no sign for clearing notifications.

Can anyone at Dropbox please explain why a simple funtionality as clearing notifications is not implemented yet???

Super User II

@dvmierlo wrote:

Can anyone at Dropbox please explain why a simple funtionality as clearing notifications is not implemented yet???

Dropbox doesn't comment on what features may be planned, or their ETA.

Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Rich,

Thanks for your reply. Honestly I hoped that it was a more customer oriented one. My question is why, and as you can read in this thread I'm not the only one, this simple functionality is not implemented?

I believe that Dropbox does not want to frustrate their paying users (I am one of them) by not implementing a simple function as this.

Highlighted

ChB New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

The Notifcation Bug -- notifcations going back many years and no ability to delete/clear list -- still NOT fixed as of Dropbox desktop version: v84.3.145  on October 17, 2019. 

Re: How can I clear notifications

New member | Level 2

Oct 2019 - To review: There used to be a tedious way to delete notifications one-by-one by using a menu that could be accessed from a "three-dot" dropdown. The three dots have been removed and now there is no way to remove notifications either in bulk or one at a time. 

Also, some update has pushed out a bunch of old notifications, so now items going back (in my case) three years are showing up in the panel (of my Mac desktop tray) and I'm just stuck with them. Do I have this right?

Dropboxer

Hi @moke. Thank you for adding up your voice to this thread. 

The settings in your notifications tab in Preferences currently are the following:

Notify me about

You can set your notification preferences to choose what notifications to receive.

Do not disturb

On Mac computers, you can turn off notifications for a limited time. Choose how long notifications are turned off for.

This article lists the options you have in your desktop preferences.  You could start fresh with the desktop app, performing a reinstall.

Not ideal, but hope it helps.

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

@mokeis correct and @Fiona, a fresh reinstall does nothing to fix the issue. I have notifications dating 6 years back taking up space—no option to remove.

Dropboxer

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Tried to help, thinking that you only see old notifications and not receiving new ones. This could be a syncing issue with your dekstop.

New notifications should push the old notifications and the history of them should be updated and kept for your visibility @tglittrell. If I am right and you are not getting any new notifications, even after resintalling, please contact support and provide me with your ticket number. 

If you do have new notifications, but you simply cannot delete the old. Then your feeback does fall under this Community thread, where unfortunately we have no updates to offer and no ETA for future updates. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I clear notifications
52 Replies
31 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey