cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: notification

How can I clear notifications

NG3
New member | Level 2

i need to know how to clear the notification panel. i got sum notification which i need to clear from panel. pls help

65 Replies 65

ChB
Helpful | Level 5

The Notifcation Bug -- notifcations going back many years and no ability to delete/clear list -- still NOT fixed as of Dropbox desktop version: v84.3.145  on October 17, 2019. 

moke
Explorer | Level 4

Oct 2019 - To review: There used to be a tedious way to delete notifications one-by-one by using a menu that could be accessed from a "three-dot" dropdown. The three dots have been removed and now there is no way to remove notifications either in bulk or one at a time. 

Also, some update has pushed out a bunch of old notifications, so now items going back (in my case) three years are showing up in the panel (of my Mac desktop tray) and I'm just stuck with them. Do I have this right?

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Hi @moke. Thank you for adding up your voice to this thread. 

The settings in your notifications tab in Preferences currently are the following:

Notify me about

You can set your notification preferences to choose what notifications to receive.

Do not disturb

On Mac computers, you can turn off notifications for a limited time. Choose how long notifications are turned off for.

This article lists the options you have in your desktop preferences.  You could start fresh with the desktop app, performing a reinstall.

Not ideal, but hope it helps.

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

tglittrell
Explorer | Level 4

@mokeis correct and @Fiona, a fresh reinstall does nothing to fix the issue. I have notifications dating 6 years back taking up space—no option to remove.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Tried to help, thinking that you only see old notifications and not receiving new ones. This could be a syncing issue with your dekstop.

New notifications should push the old notifications and the history of them should be updated and kept for your visibility @tglittrell. If I am right and you are not getting any new notifications, even after resintalling, please contact support and provide me with your ticket number. 

If you do have new notifications, but you simply cannot delete the old. Then your feeback does fall under this Community thread, where unfortunately we have no updates to offer and no ETA for future updates. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

DanLester
Helpful | Level 6

Wow, this is just bizzaro. I have notifications going back many years that I want to remove, but there is NO WAY TO DO THAT. I don't want to select which ones to recieve, and I don't want to turn them off for a limited time. I want them to GO AWAY. The three-dot removal would have been adequate, but that's gone now.

I'm bailing out of Dropbox, and going to an application that is designed with some common sense. Dropbox management seems to have bailed on us.

I'm now sold on "Sync". Works like Dropbox, but without all the notification garbage. Bye, Dropbox!

piggywiggy
New member | Level 2

Could not agree more. Highly irritating, very old problem...time to move elsewhere.

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13

I think we should be asking for a "How far back to show notifications" feature.  

(the underlying notifications are retained 'forever')

Site2goal
Helpful | Level 5
Similar issue, but: 1. Dropbox basic shows OLD (2+ years) notifications. 2. I can only *dismiss* one by one dozens of notifications 3. Even worse: After dismiss one-by-one, they appear again!! HELP Thanks

JRP M.
Collaborator | Level 8

These kinds of catastrophic lack of investment, care and inability to support therir products are usually a sign of a company in trouble, about to be sold/bought, or simplly fail.

Need more support?