Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Dropbox app is a piece of **bleep** or im really stupid, looking for a fix

Super User II

@wrxmarcus wrote:

I want my windows deletion in my dropbox folder to ALWAYS delete everywhere -- without promting me.

Click the Don't ask me this again check box and then select Delete everywhere.

New member | Level 2

With the latest version of dropbox this option for "Don't ask me this again" doesn't exist. Granted it is a slightly different error message, but still a stuip pop-up. This type of "needing to engage with the user" is driving me nuts, and making me seriously debate switching platforms. 

Annotation 2019-10-03 102427.png

Dropboxer

Hi there @Cameron P.,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this particular topic here. I'll pass along your feedback to our dev team so that they can review this in future Dropbox improvements.

If you have any other questions or comments related to this then please don't hesitate to give me a nudge here, I'll be happy to help where I can!

Have a great day - thanks! 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Let me be clear, if this isn't fixed, and quickly, then I'm off of dropbox. It is that disruptive to my workflow. As I'm sure you can see I've been a dropbox user for 7 years and while I understand and can be excited about where dropbox is going and how it is expanding as a tool, being disruptive to the core function is very disenhaeartening.

To help them understand why this is so disruptive, is that I use camera uploads, so it uploads ALL of the pictures I use when I do a site visit. So when I go through my dropbox on my computer to delete the pictures I DON'T need to save or email, getting this pop-up EVERYTIME, is workflow destroying. 

Highlighted

Turn off delete confirmation?

ev5 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello!

How can I turn off the delete confirmation for all devices?  When I delete a folder from one device, it asks to confirm the deletion and I would not like to have to repeat this for every file I delete.  I have automated deleting files from a folder using code.

Thank you ahead of time for your reply!

Thanks,

Ev

Re: Turn off delete confirmation?

Super User II

The first time the message appears, there's an option to not show the message again. Make sure it's checked before you confirm the deletion. You'll likely need to do that on each computer.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I disable the "Delete everywhere" pop up when deleting files from the desktop app?
15 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey