Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

How do I add a device?

New member | Level 2

Ownership of the folders has been passed to the new manager.   I believe the old manager has replaced email addresses, removed his and inserted the new manager. 

The new manager has downloaded Dropbox onto his computer, can see the files when he views Dropbox on Google Chrome, but they do not appear on his harddrive i.e. when he goes into File Explorer he cannot see them.  When we look at Settings, there are no devices attached.  How do we attach a device to his files?

Thank you

1 Reply

Re: How do I add a device?

Dropboxer

If I'm not missing something obvious here, all you'd need to do is download our software (i.e. the desktop app) and log into the said account @FeeFiFoFum

You can find the installers for our most recent, stable version of the app on the page below: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-64-4-141/m-p/322084#M5164

I hope this helps and note that if you or the new manager need any account specific assistance you can always log a ticket with our team and ask directly. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How do I add a device?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post