cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

How does Camera Roll sync with iphone

Helpful | Level 6

How does Dropbox Cameral roll sync photos with an iphone?

I have a PC with Dropbox and Windows 10.  I have an iphone with whatever the latest ios is. I have set up dropbox on my PC to sync photos to Camera Roll and I have set up th Dropbox app on my iphone to do the same. I have turned off photo sync in icloud.   I see new pictures appearing in Dropbox which is good.  My questions are,

-Once they are downloaded, if I delete a photo from Dropbox, does it delete from my phone?  Can I move them to another folder without them downloading again? 

-If I delete a photo from my phone, does it delete from Camera Roll?

-Can I upload a photo from my PC to my phone using Camera Roll?

Thank you! And my apologies if this has already been answered somewhere.

2 Replies

Re: How does Camera Roll sync with iphone

Super User II

@lw17 wrote:

How does Dropbox Cameral roll sync photos with an iphone?

Camera Uploads is an upload only method of transferring photos and videos to your Dropbox account. Dropbox will upload photos and videos from your Camera Roll to the Camera Uploads folder in Dropbox.

-Once they are downloaded, if I delete a photo from Dropbox, does it delete from my phone?

Deleting a photo from Dropbox does not delete it from your phone's Camera Roll.

Can I move them to another folder without them downloading again?

Yes.

-If I delete a photo from my phone, does it delete from Camera Roll?

If you delete a photo from the Dropbox app, it only deletes the photo from Dropbox. Nothing you do in Dropbox will delete files from your Camera Roll. Likewise, deleting a file from your Camera Roll does not delete it from Dropbox. There is no syncing between the two, beyond the initial upload to Dropbox.

-Can I upload a photo from my PC to my phone using Camera Roll?

You can place a photo in your Dropbox on your computer, then use the Dropbox app on your phone to save it to your Camera Roll.

Re: How does Camera Roll sync with iphone

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you very much!  This is just what I needed.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How does Camera Roll sync with iphone
2 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post