Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

no

Re: How do I disable dropbox transfer context menu on desktop and everywhere else ?

Dropboxer

Hello there @bing25 - welcome aboard!

I've just moved your post under this thread as your inquiry echoes the one the OP had.  

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at our previous comments on this same thread and let me know if you have anything else to ask or add. 

TL; DR: This is not possible for as long as you're running the desktop app on your computer at this moment. You can suggest it under our 'Share an Idea' section of the Community though so other users can find and upvote it too:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: How do I disable dropbox transfer context menu on desktop and everywhere else ?

Helpful | Level 5

As I showed above, the best option is to abandon Dropbox and use any other cloud service that allows you this option.  The Dropbox developers clearly know better than their users...

New member | Level 2

Guys, I came across the same issue, and after I renamed "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxExt64.27.0.dll" away and restarted explorer, the annoying context menu is gone. If you want to completely remove the context menu items, use that. However there's no way to individually disable menu items. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This post is also for whomever came from Google search, as this is the first post showing on the search result.

customize right click context meny

Explorer | Level 4

Please let us customize what shows up.. i do not need these filling up my right click menu.. 

i ony need: share, copy link, and view on dropbox.com

there rest are fluff and when you change the order of them ( for example putting send with transfer where link used to be) you are just pissing people off. 

Re: customize right click context meny

Dropboxer

Hello @AlekseyVoz - welcome aboard and thank you for your feedback on this. 

As your inquiry echoes the OP's query here on this thread, I just moved your post here to keep things neat around our Community and so as you can exchange ideas with other similar-minded users. 

Feel free to take a look around and if you come up with any Dropbox question, don't hesitate to give me a nudge; I'm always a post away!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

How to remove "Send with Transfer" from context menu?

Explorer | Level 3

After one of recent Dropbox updates (they come too often to pinpoint exact one), "Send with Transfer" entry appeared in Windows context menus. There are no options to remove it in Dropbox client. Is there any unofficial way to permanently remove this context menu entry? Preferably that it will never comes back again. word counter VidMate

Re: How to remove "Send with Transfer" from context menu?

Dropboxer

Hello @MonilGomes; how are you today?

I just wanted to let you know that I've merged your post with this one as it echoes the OP's query. When you get the chance, take a look at this thread's discussion and let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks in advance and welcome to the Community too! 

Walter

New member | Level 2

There's a wonderful tool named "ShellExView", that you can get here:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

(download links are at the bottom of page)

Start it up, find the entry "ContextMenuHandler Class" (should have a Dropbox icon next to it), click the red button underneath the menu bar in order to disable it, and you're set. Either restart your computer, log out of Windows & back in, or just kill "explorer.exe" in task manager and restart it, in order to see the changes.

Keep in mind that this is not something for which to point the finger at Dropbox developers. I agree that it would be desirable to have a more straightforward option of customizing this type of stuff, but it's common practice to not give users that choice. 9 out of 10 (if not more) programs that do this don't bother to ask whether you're up for that or not. They should, in my opinion, but apparently 9 out of 10 users really can't be bothered - So I guess programmers just spend their time on what makes most people happy. Being an exception to the rule is a wonderful thing, sometimes just requires a little extra tinkering to make the world shine in your color... slightly smiling face

Dropboxer

Thanks for your input on this and welcome to the Dropbox family @Paul__ !

I just found out that your post was caught by our Community's spam filter (probably due to its length an/or it containing an external link) and unspammed it as I think it might help the users included in this discussion. 

I'll leave this thread open to other users that might want to pitch in too.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. 

Walter

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to Disable Context Menus
18 Replies
4 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey