Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

How to Disable Context Menus

Helpful | Level 5

How do I disable the Context Menus?  There are 8 additional items on the Context Menu now (Share..., Open in Dropbox, Send with Transfer, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).  This is ridiculous.  It fills my entire screen.  How do I disable this?

Tags (1)
18 Replies

Re: How to Disable Context Menus

Dropboxer

Hello @_______E_______ - welcome to the Community. 

I understand that the context menu's options along with the new updates and features we recently implemented are filling up your screen upon right-clicking on your files/folder within your Dropbox folder - am I on the right track?

Just to make sure we're on the same page and also have a visual of this, could you send me a screenshot (using the 'Photos' button within your reply's box) of how it looks like on your end?

Thanks in advance. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Screenshot

8738.jpg

Dropboxer

I was referring to the whole screen of your desktop so we can get the whole picture @_______E_______; could you send me one full screenshot (omitting personal information) so I can get a clearer view of the matter at hand? 

Thanks again!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

8740_1_1.jpg

Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot @_______E_______.

Could you explain how exactly this intereferes with your current work-flow and how you'd like it to be?

As this is not something you can change via the desktop app's preferences, you'd need to either tamper with your computer's OS (I wouldn't suggest this as it requires some technical skills/knowledge and you could harm your machine in case something goes wrong) or prevent the desktop app from starting up when booting your computer and only run it when you really need to sync your files from within your Dropbox Folder. 

Alternatively, you could uninstall the app completely (to prevent it from using your right-click context menus) and use the website when needed. 

I know it's not optimal; I sure hope this helps to some extent though. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Walter

Helpful | Level 5

I would like the option to disable context menus.  Other cloud services have such settings.  I need constant updating of files using the integrated application.  Website uploading is sufficient.

If Dropbox prefers to force their own preferences on users, I will be cancelling my monthly subscription and switch services.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the insight @_______E_______ - it's most appreciated.

As this is not an option at this time, you can log it as a feature request under our 'Share an Idea'section so other users can find and upvote it too!

Here's a direct link to that section: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to ask or add please; I'd be happy to follow up. 

Walter

Helpful | Level 5

More Screenshots.  Keep up the good work!!!

8740.jpg8741.jpg8742.jpg

How do I disable dropbox transfer context menu on desktop and everywhere else ?

New member | Level 2

Guys, there has to be an option to disable context menu prompt on Win 10, I don't like when programs just start hogging space anywhere.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to Disable Context Menus
18 Replies
4 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post