cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

funkup
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to have the CHOICE to disable the "Dropbox Almost Full" notification.

As a temporary solution, I have chose to not start Dropbox on system boot and close it, but I would like to know how can I disable this message with Dropbox open.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @funkup!

Sounds like you’re receiving a notification about your Dropbox account running out of space. You can check how much space you’ve got left by navigating to your Plan tab on your Settings

Although this notification cannot be disabled, it will not appear once your Dropbox account isn’t close to or over its storage limit. To do this, you can either make space by removing unwanted content (including shared folder and files) or earn free space

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

David_Keating
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

SOLUTION:

In windows 10 after the annoying notification, click on the speach bubble icon on the lower right of your screen, this brings up the notifictaion/ action area, right click on the dropbox notification above then " Disable notifications for this group."

That should stop you being pestered.

-dk

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @funkup!

Sounds like you’re receiving a notification about your Dropbox account running out of space. You can check how much space you’ve got left by navigating to your Plan tab on your Settings

Although this notification cannot be disabled, it will not appear once your Dropbox account isn’t close to or over its storage limit. To do this, you can either make space by removing unwanted content (including shared folder and files) or earn free space

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AIssajez
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Seems like there's no other way to disable this harassment to push the user to upgrade to a paid plan. Uninstall the Dropbox desktop app is the only solution I found. 

satary
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That is the most useless answer I have ever seen. Thank you for multiplying entropy!

Great user-oriented service you have, how about spamming my e-mail or calling me at night about changing my dropbox subscription?

It is a shameful strategy to annoy people until they subscribe or drop dropbox (no pun intended). 

Archimedes
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am glad I'm not the only one thinking that. What a useless answer.

On Windows 10, which I'm using, you can use the system to block the notifications. Click on the very bottom right corner, the notifications icon, then select the dropbox notifications with a right click, and select "turn off all notifications for this group."

Only downside is that you might want other notifictions, depending on how you use the application. I don't use it for anything but syncing files in my office with my comp at home so I don't care about notifications of any kind. they are all just annoying to me.

Rik W.1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This doesn't answer the question. The question was how to disable the 'almost full' notification, without having to disable all notifications.

I found how to disable the e-mail notification, but in the app settings on Windows I can't turn them off. I understand this is your businessmodel, but this is really anoying. If you offer settings for turning off some notifications, why not mention this one in the list?

With this ridiculous, condecending attitude, the moment my dropbox is full, I will be moving to a competitor.

Archimedes
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Well it's the best answer you're going to get. I don't know of any other way to stop the almost full notification besides disabling all of them. You say you're going to a competitor like you think that upsets me. I don't work for Dropbox, do what you want, I don't care. But if it makes you feel better to whine to strangers on the internet, go for it buddy.

Rik W.1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Archimedes I was trying to reply to the main answer here, not your comment. Apparently this thing doesn't support threads. Your answer is indeed the actual answer: you can't do it, but you only if you turn off everything.

Archimedes
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
@Rik, I'm so sorry; I thought you were busting my balls. My bad for throwing shade.

ythak
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

could belive to see a more crappy answere than this. 

Need more support?