Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

New member | Level 2

I would like to have the CHOICE to disable the "Dropbox Almost Full" notification.

As a temporary solution, I have chose to not start Dropbox on system boot and close it, but I would like to know how can I disable this message with Dropbox open.

30 Replies

Re: How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

Dropboxer
Hi there @funkup!

Sounds like you’re receiving a notification about your Dropbox account running out of space. You can check how much space you’ve got left by navigating to your Plan tab on your Settings

Although this notification cannot be disabled, it will not appear once your Dropbox account isn’t close to or over its storage limit. To do this, you can either make space by removing unwanted content (including shared folder and files) or earn free space

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Seems like there's no other way to disable this harassment to push the user to upgrade to a paid plan. Uninstall the Dropbox desktop app is the only solution I found. 

New member | Level 2

That is the most useless answer I have ever seen. Thank you for multiplying entropy!

Great user-oriented service you have, how about spamming my e-mail or calling me at night about changing my dropbox subscription?

It is a shameful strategy to annoy people until they subscribe or drop dropbox (no pun intended). 

Helpful | Level 5

I am glad I'm not the only one thinking that. What a useless answer.

On Windows 10, which I'm using, you can use the system to block the notifications. Click on the very bottom right corner, the notifications icon, then select the dropbox notifications with a right click, and select "turn off all notifications for this group."

Only downside is that you might want other notifictions, depending on how you use the application. I don't use it for anything but syncing files in my office with my comp at home so I don't care about notifications of any kind. they are all just annoying to me.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

This doesn't answer the question. The question was how to disable the 'almost full' notification, without having to disable all notifications.

I found how to disable the e-mail notification, but in the app settings on Windows I can't turn them off. I understand this is your businessmodel, but this is really anoying. If you offer settings for turning off some notifications, why not mention this one in the list?

With this ridiculous, condecending attitude, the moment my dropbox is full, I will be moving to a competitor.

Helpful | Level 5
Well it's the best answer you're going to get. I don't know of any other way to stop the almost full notification besides disabling all of them. You say you're going to a competitor like you think that upsets me. I don't work for Dropbox, do what you want, I don't care. But if it makes you feel better to whine to strangers on the internet, go for it buddy.

Helpful | Level 6

@Archimedes I was trying to reply to the main answer here, not your comment. Apparently this thing doesn't support threads. Your answer is indeed the actual answer: you can't do it, but you only if you turn off everything.

Helpful | Level 5
@Rik, I'm so sorry; I thought you were busting my balls. My bad for throwing shade.

New member | Level 2

could belive to see a more crappy answere than this. 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?
30 Replies
93 Likes
Solved! : See solution