cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

I am on the basic plan. Do I have to pay a fee?

New member | Level 2

Hi, I just signed up for dropbox and was waiting for the prompt -

1. Click Sign Up.
  2. On the Choose Your Dropbox Plan page, decide which plan you want.

Also - Dropbox Basic account is free and includes 2 GB of space. You can download free apps to access Dropbox from your computer, phone, or tablet.

I don't need more than 2GB. I see there are account fees. I did not give any info re accounts so am I now being charged and thru' where?

Thx,

Mark,

3 Replies

Re: free dropbox

Super User

Hey Mark, If you have chosen Dropbox Basic plan, you do not need to pay for it. What do you mean by "I see there are account fees."? Have you been charged in to your credit card/bank account/Paypal by Dropbox?

New member | Level 2

Thx Elixir. Re account fees - I saw some costs for different plans I guess with different download limits. I won't be using dropbox much, just to download a couple of files every now and then. I'm assuming that when your free load limit ie 2 GB is reached, you are then asked for your credit card or direct debit details and not before.

Cheers.

Super User

Exactly, as long as you are in Basic plan, you do not need to pay anything. Note that you can earn more space (than initial 2 GB) by referring Dropbox to your friends, colleagues, or family members. Each time someone joins Dropbox following your invitation, and installs Dropbox in their computer, both gets 500MB of space (up to 16GB). You can also get space by completing gettings started steps, and contributing to this community. More details - https://www.dropbox.com/help/space/get-more-space

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I am on the basic plan. Do I have to pay a fee?
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post