Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I can't automatically upload my photos to my account

Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox mobile photo auto-uploading is unreliable at best.  It has worked in the past for years, but now I can only upload files one at a time. I can see my online files. The settings have automatic upload turned ON.  I have a home computer synced to the same account and can see the files.  I have reloaded the mobile app and the home computer app is also set to receive mobile photos and recognizes my phone.  I have tried it with the phone linked to a wi-fi system or allowed Dropbox to use my Sprint account data.  No difference.  Nothing makes a difference.  About to kill Dropbox.

5 Replies

Re: Mobile upload unreliable

Dropboxer
Hey there @GZnarG, sorry to hear about that.  

From what I understand, you’re having some trouble with camera uploads, but could you please elaborate a bit so as to have a better understanding of the behavior? For example:
  • Are your photos and videos not uploading automatically?
  • Have you tried toggling the camera uploads option off and on again?
  • Are you trying to upload the photos/videos through the mobile app or the desktop app? 
  • Are you getting any errors? If so, a screenshot (without any personal info) would be very helpful. 
Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Lusil,

Thank you for your reply.  I am trying to auto-upload from my Android (Samsung S7) cell phone to my account.  I have toggled the camera upload switch numerous times.  I have reloaded the app.  I have reload my home computer app.  I have told the cell phone that I have a home computer and had it take a picture of the UPC code provided in the set up.

I get no mobile uploads regardless of whether the system has the Wi-Fil data link active or is using the SPRINT GTE (5winking face.  It makes no difference whether the cell is charged or not or whether it is actively charging (wireless).

There are no errors displayed.  The pictures simply do not transfer, nor do I get the usual ding-a-ling from the home computer when a mobile file uploads to the cloud and syncs to my home computer.

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me, @GZnarG

I’ve followed up with a ticket at the email address associated with your Community profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Lusil,

Well it's almost four month later.  Dropbox uploaded for a while and uploads file randomly.  The latest batch are not uploading.  Last weeks did.  I'm looking for another service as this is pathetic.

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this, @GZnarG.

I'd be more than happy to look into this over email with you, so as to have a more in-depth investigation. Let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. slightly smiling face

Lusil

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't automatically upload my photos to my account
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post