cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with iPad update and Microsoft apps

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

Dpringle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Exactly what I am experiencing currently on both my iPad Pro adn my iPhone...  Any solution yet?

Xpouii
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Having this same issue plus I can’t even open files on Dropbox to read them. I’m going slightly insane supposed to be working and now I can’t. The website “help email” form won’t even work for me because I can’t select a device to ask a question. Tearing my hair out.

FrogRocker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

According to another poster, Microsoft dropped support for Dropbox 😞 I hope to gods that it’s not true.

Dpringle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Me also.... everything is there!!!  Please say it is not true....

Xpouii
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My Dropbox app won’t currently open any pdf files either and while they do partner, Microsoft doesn’t own Adobe yet so it seems more like the recent update screwed up something in the iOS app.

GiantBaby
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Me too, on two iPads and my iPhone. I don’t remember updating my iPhone lately, but I did update both iPads w/in the past 48 hours or so.

Error message reads “Can’t open file. Office can’t find MYFILENAME.xlsx. It may have been moved, renamed, or deleted.”

I tried with several other Excel docs, same response. I also tried with various Word docs, again same response. 

Just tried opening on my PC. Opened fine. Issue between Dropbox and iOS??

Dpringle
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My PDFs are working just fine.  Microsoft items, no...

FrogRocker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am refusing to use OneDrive, I didn’t have good experiences with it personally. But apparently they wanted to force people to use their cloud service than to allow anyone else to depend on cloud services of their choices? Again, that’s just from one poster in another thread.

I only wonder...why not give an early warning? I feel like this is going to upset *countless* of people who use Dropbox services.

Minton71
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When opening a word file from my Dropbox app on iPad I’m getting this error message: ‘sorry (filename) is stored in an unsupported server location

FrogRocker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

A poster stated that it was because of Microsoft dropped support with Dropbox on ios devices. Hope it’s not true.

Need more support?