cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey fellas - apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused so far and thank you for alerting us to this.

Our engineers are already aware of the problem and are investigating.  

I'll make sure to circle back here to let you know more as soon as I have an update to share. 

For the affected users noticing these errors when trying to access their Microsoft files (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) I'd suggest that you logged a ticket with our team so we can look into this and help further with all of our tools at our disposal. 

Thank you all for your diligence and have a great rest of your day.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello to all! 

We appreciate your patience so far & we have good news to share as this is now resolved so there should be no further issues. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

If there is anyone still facing a discrepancy, please do let me know here & I’ll touch base with you asap. I'm also working on updating all the tickets you've submitted, so you can expect a reply soon.

Thanks again to everyone for your reports & sticking with us on this discussion! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

173 Replies 173

HarmenJan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

In my outlook I try to add an file from Dropbox. For some documents I try to insert I get an error. 

I open the mail in Outlook (Ipad IOS) 

I pinpoint my finger in the mail 

Insert new document 

Browse through Dropbox 

--- Most of the documents I can insert, some of them are pending a long time ending with the message --> No communication possible with a helperapp. (translated from Dutch Geen communicatie mogelijke met een helperapp.) 

Thanks for support and suggestions  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @HarmenJan - sorry to hear that!

Could you send me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can have a better understanding of the matter at hand?

In the meantime, can you see if you're using the most updated versions of your email app (Outlook), our mobile app's as well and perhaps your iPad's OS?

Also, is this mail app (Outlook) connected to your Dropbox account? Do you see it under the "Connected Apps" on your account's Security page

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there Harmen!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Buckman539
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

"Sorry, we could not find <filename>. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?"

It has not been moved, renamed or deleted.

It has only just happened since I updated the app to version 130.2.2.

ErinAnne
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
My iPad isn’t on my cell plan so there’s no cellular in the settings. It worked this morning to pull up documents from Dropbox into word to edit them, and now it won’t work and just keeps giving me the error message “No network connection”. However, it is connected to the network, all the other apps work, and I’m able to save things from online TO Dropbox, and view them on Dropbox. I just can’t open them in word. HELP! I got this dang iPad to do schoolwork, and now I can’t.

Gabychisco
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same here but with every single office app in my iPhone. It seems the connection between Dropbox and MS office apps is down

ErinAnne
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
That makes me feel better at least. Maybe I’ll check back later to see if it’s up and running. 😰

Kara S.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here, hopefully they fix it soon

Bmandigo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Having the same problems, network error connection between dropbox and all office365 apps. Just started over the last few hours. 

Kara S.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Just talked to Dropbox support. Microsoft has withdrawn support for accessing and saving to Dropbox from within their iOS apps. You can copy a file from Dropbox to Microsoft but not save it back. 

Very frustrated. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    archmix Explorer | Level 3
    david k.129 Helpful | Level 5
    sellenwright Helpful | Level 6
    RemyLeroy Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?