Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Unsupported error when opening excel

Explorer | Level 4

ITS back!!! Working again!!!!!!!!!! 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

New member | Level 2

I had this same problem all morning on my iPhone. But when I tried once again to open my file a minute ago -- it works now! So they seem to have fixed at least some of what went wrong earlier. Hopefully it wil stay fixed!

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you. I appreciate your letting me know. I just wish that the DropBox team was transparent when they're having issues and let us know right away on their status page.

Re: Unsupported error when opening excel

Explorer | Level 3
Indeed it is!!

Helpful | Level 6

Bravo to Walter and your crew! I suspect this has been pretty stressful 24 hours. 

Super User II

I did some testing this morning. I hadn't yet updated to the latest iOS version, and Dropbox and Office were still working just fine. I updated to iOS 12.1.4 and started having the same issues listed in this thread; I wasn't able to open Office files from Dropbox and when I disconnected Dropbox from Office, I wasn't able to re-connect it.

I then upgraded my device to iOS 12.2 Beta and was able to relink Dropbox and Office and open files without issue just as before.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hello to all! 

We appreciate your patience so far & we have good news to share as this is now resolved so there should be no further issues. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

If there is anyone still facing a discrepancy, please do let me know here & I’ll touch base with you asap. I'm also working on updating all the tickets you've submitted, so you can expect a reply soon.

Thanks again to everyone for your reports & sticking with us on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Problem with iPad update and Microsoft apps

Explorer | Level 4

We were having the same issue with excel through Dropbox.  I found a way to fix the path between dropbox and excel.  Probably will work with Word Also.   

1) Go directly to Excel (bypass dropbox)

2) On the left hand side you will see a Folder with the word Open under it – click on that.

3) Dropbox will show up in the dropdown list under “other locations” – click on that.

4) Your dropbox files list will show up to the right.

5) Click on the file you want - edit it and click on back to dropbox.   

in our case it re-created the path and saved the edit and we could then access through dropbox the next time.  

Hope it helped

Re: Problem with iPad update and Microsoft apps

Helpful | Level 5

it works again!

thanks for the efforts!

Helpful | Level 5

I have the same problem

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.
173 Replies
120 Likes
Solved! : See solution