cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

MickeNy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Working again as usual! Thank you team for your efforts.

FredC74
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

All good again - thank goodness

prb112
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks all sorted

Glanvill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you!!

RLabardini
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks. Everything seems normal.

JMT1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Office & Dropbox works again! Thanks!

Overwritten
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

All good now, thank you very much.

david k.129
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you. Please remember to update your status page when errors start to occur. It actually still says that nothing like this happened yesterday.

archmix
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The  solution here did not work for me.  I was informed that Microsoft Is treating the iPad Pro like a computer, and is requiring you to purchase Microsoft 365 to access the apps.

Now I’m receiving  warnings on my iPhone that is counting down my free access to Excel, meaning I’m going to have to sign in, purchase, a 365 account. 

Dropbox needs to resolve this:  Do we have to pay or not have to pay For Microsoft access even though the app is on our device?   Dropbox will not allow me to access a spreadsheet using Apple software.  I need a comprehensive and seamless solution to access and modify spreadsheets and text documents, if that is using Microsoft or Apple, I don’t care, I prefer Microsoft since that is the standard.   Let’s put out an official statement (on your website, not in the forum section) and stop the lack of transparency of fees I have to pay to use apps that are already on my device.  

RemyLeroy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Office can be used for free on iPads (or tablets) with a screen below 10". 

As your iPad Pro has a bigger screen, you can't use Excel, Word or PowerPoint without subscribing to Office365. It's not a DropBox issue. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    archmix Explorer | Level 3
    david k.129 Helpful | Level 5
    sellenwright Helpful | Level 6
    RemyLeroy Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?