Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Problem with iPad update and Microsoft apps

Explorer | Level 4

Exactly what I am experiencing currently on both my iPad Pro adn my iPhone...  Any solution yet?

New member | Level 2
Having this same issue plus I can’t even open files on Dropbox to read them. I’m going slightly insane supposed to be working and now I can’t. The website “help email” form won’t even work for me because I can’t select a device to ask a question. Tearing my hair out.

Explorer | Level 4

According to another poster, Microsoft dropped support for Dropbox :( I hope to gods that it’s not true.

Explorer | Level 4

Me also.... everything is there!!!  Please say it is not true....

New member | Level 2
My Dropbox app won’t currently open any pdf files either and while they do partner, Microsoft doesn’t own Adobe yet so it seems more like the recent update screwed up something in the iOS app.

Explorer | Level 4

Me too, on two iPads and my iPhone. I don’t remember updating my iPhone lately, but I did update both iPads w/in the past 48 hours or so.

Error message reads “Can’t open file. Office can’t find MYFILENAME.xlsx. It may have been moved, renamed, or deleted.”

I tried with several other Excel docs, same response. I also tried with various Word docs, again same response. 

Just tried opening on my PC. Opened fine. Issue between Dropbox and iOS??

Explorer | Level 4

My PDFs are working just fine.  Microsoft items, no...

Explorer | Level 4

I am refusing to use OneDrive, I didn’t have good experiences with it personally. But apparently they wanted to force people to use their cloud service than to allow anyone else to depend on cloud services of their choices? Again, that’s just from one poster in another thread.

I only wonder...why not give an early warning? I feel like this is going to upset *countless* of people who use Dropbox services.

Error opening .docx file

New member | Level 2

When opening a word file from my Dropbox app on iPad I’m getting this error message: ‘sorry (filename) is stored in an unsupported server location

Re: Error opening .docx file

Explorer | Level 4

A poster stated that it was because of Microsoft dropped support with Dropbox on ios devices. Hope it’s not true.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.
173 Replies
120 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post