cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't see my most recent files in my "recent files" tab

I can't see my most recent files in my "recent files" tab

bjl2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Since I updated and now use SmartSync the "recent files" is no longer showing the most recent files.

25 Replies 25

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Michael S.225, could you please provide me with some additional info on this so as to have a better visual on the matter? For example:
  • Are you not seeing the Recents tab in general, or are you not seeing any files included in it? 
  • Are you referring to the desktop app, the mobile app, or the website?
  • If you’re referring to the desktop app, could you please let me know what it reads when you click on it? Is it still syncing or is it up to date?
  • Are you by any chance using Smart Sync on your files? 
Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gmarone
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue with my desktop app.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Gmarone, sorry to hear that. 

Could you please elaborate a bit on this so that I have a better understanding and let me know what’s happening from your end based on my previous questions?

@Lusil wrote:
  • Are you not seeing the Recents tab in general, or are you not seeing any files included in it? 
  • Are you referring to the desktop app, the mobile app, or the website?
  • If you’re referring to the desktop app, could you please let me know what it reads when you click on it? Is it still syncing or is it up to date?
  • Are you by any chance using Smart Sync on your files? 

Thank you in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jomitchell121
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Me too! Struggling to work without it... e.g. 10 out of 107 files have synced - I have no way of knowing which ones they are as they no longer show in 'recent' files - you have to search through folders and hope you can work it out! No idea what has synced uploaded and downloaed as they aren't in recent! Can't work like this 

jomitchell121
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

A comfort to know someone else is struggling with this - files uploaded directly to dropbox.com do not show up as "recent files" on desktop - what a major feature loss!! huge impacts on work and usability

Gmarone
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I'm using the most recent version of the desktop app. When I right click on the icon sometimes the pop-up menu appear and when it does the Recent tab is blank.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey peeps!

@jomitchell121, sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this. I was able to locate your ongoing discussion with a member of my team via email and have made sure to pass your comments here along to them. 

I can see that they replied to you, so please check your inbox for their latest message. If you have any further queries on this, since they’ll be able to assist you a bit more in-depth using our internal tools, please don’t hesitate to give them a nudge. 

@Gmarone, could you please clarify if you’re using Smart Sync and confirm what the Dropbox icon reads when you hover over it?

Finally, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info included) of what you see when you mention that:

@Gmarone wrote:
When I right click on the icon sometimes the pop-up menu appear and when it does the Recent tab is blank.
Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Gmarone
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I hover over the icon in my tray it says "Dropbox 74.4.115 Up to Date".

The menu no longer opens when I right click on the icon

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again @Gmarone,

Could you first try rebooting your computer, and if that doesn’t do the trick, try reinstalling the desktop app?

If you’re still having trouble with this, check if there are any third-party apps blocking the desktop app from running accordingly, like an antivirus? Try temporarily disabling your antivirus, security program, or check that you have configured your firewall to work with Dropbox

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tom H.22
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

There is some problem with version 75.4.115 on my Mac. It *is* syncing but the Recents lists on the app (and Recents on the website Home page!) are not updating. The Recents shown in both places are at least 24 hours old (not sure when 75.4.115 was released) and do not show the dozen or so files I've updated today. 

I've tried restarting the app several times, rebooted the computer, AND reinstalled the app -- the problem persists. Note that it *is* syncing: if I touch, create, or modify a file in a selected updates folder, that file is uploaded and synced with other hosts (but does not show in Recents (local app OR online)).

I am on OS X 10.13.6, using Selective Sync in version 75.4.115.

Need more support?