Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Dropbox plus extra Tb not showing

New member | Level 2

@Rich wrote:

@Tolga O. wrote:

How long do you think it will take until I get the upgrade?

Sometime this week, possibly by tomorrow.

I got it a few hours after I posted this message smiling face with sunglasses

Dropboxer
Hey EngineerBill, I’ll do my best to help you get up and running with Smart Sync in no time! If it’s not too much trouble for you, can you ensure that you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Dropbox desktop app (74.4.115), you’ve made all OS updates & it's syncing correctly on your menu bar?

Unlinking & relinking your account on your desktop once can also be helpful as a quick fix Bill, since it recreates the local database. Would you mind giving it a go at your earliest convenience? When you do so, could you have a look at your overlay icons to see if your files are syncing correctly Arrows Counter Clock/White check mark?

Please let me know how you get on with these steps whenever you get a chance & we’ll take it from there! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Apparently Dropbox app wasn't doing auto updates on my Mac. I downloaded and installed the 74.4.115. Now the toolbar icon for Dropbox says it is underway syncing files. I presume that means SmartSync is operating and appears to be re-uploading at least one file already in the Dropbox folder. (For whatever reason that is required, I would have assumed since my files were long ago uploaded, Dropbox would manage them in place.)

For now, thank you Jane.

p.s., While I was typing this, it seems it was only one file uploaded, as Dropbox now shows "Up To Date" and there would have been many more to re-sync.

Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping me updated on the progress here @EngineerBill, it seems that we’re managed to get back on track, so we’d just need to iron out the details now. If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you let me know if everything has synced as expected today & whether you can see the option to set your files to online-only when control-clicking on them on your Mac? 

From there, when you updated your desktop app to the latest version Bill, you should have received a pop-up Notification detailing you the changes to your account & walking you through the steps to enable Smart Sync on this device. Did you complete those incidentally? 

Thanks again for keeping in touch & I’ll be awaiting to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I got such an email with the text that the new feature are already active in my account (which will be renewed November 2019). After that I installed the current version of DB i.e. on my Win 10 notebook 74.4.115. restarted

But smart sync is simply not offered. Everything looks like before. When I open the DB Folder only standard context menu entries and no "smart sync" appears

pls help

Jochen

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

For the Windows users.

Once you received the email that your account is upgraded, and your client is also showing this, you are one step away from smart sync.

Open Preferences in your client.

On the General tab you should see the option to enable Smart Sync.

If all goes well Smart Sync will be enabled and you wil have this option available in your right-click menu with your dropbox folders and files.

Explorer | Level 4

Jane, I think Dropbox has synched all my files to "Online only", after I set the top level folders to "Online only" (and, yes, Ctrl-click works).  The next day, I checked a handful individually, one at a time, since in Finder on my Mac there is no flag or other indication that the distinct files (or folders) are in the Dropbox cloud. Such a feature would be nice as a quick visual confirmation.

btw, I've read some posts that MacOS still considers the alias/thumbnail held on disk for pointing to the real, online version, to have the same filesize as before users mark it as "Online only". I'm no tech expert, but that really seems to screw up the whole reason to have the files in the cloud.

Super User II

@EngineerBill wrote:
.. since in Finder on my Mac there is no flag or other indication that the distinct files (or folders) are in the Dropbox cloud. Such a feature would be nice as a quick visual confirmation.

That feature already exists. Files or folders that are online only have a cloud icon overly. See the following help article for more information of the other states.

New member | Level 2

Finally! Someone posted snapshots of what I needed and I was able to get SmartSync working. Thank you!

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't see the extra features given with the new Dropbox Plus subscription, why is that?
68 Replies
20 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey