Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Re: Smart Sync function missing - DropBox Plus on MacOs 10.14. Mojave

Explorer | Level 4

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same dilemma too. I'm a Plus user and yes I've read the Plus user's feature it does state that Smart Sync is included but I can't seemed to find this feature under the 'Sync' tab of DB's preference. 

Appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

DropBox version 75.3.114

MacBook Air 2018, MacOs 10.14.5

Dropboxer

I’ve merged your posts to this thread here to keep all queries about the new Dropbox Plus features in one place. As the accepted solution here mentions, as an existing Dropbox Plus user, you will see these features rolled out to your account soon.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne, Thanks a lot!!!

Everything's fine - I was just afraid my MacBook wouldn't work properly...
Can't wait to see the new function!

Re: I am a plus user when it has the 1TB space. Now the plus users get 2TB space. Do I suppose to ge

New member | Level 2

Thanks! today when I logged in, it shows the dialogue"new plus plan" by itself. And then I checked the space, it increased to 2TB.

Re: I am a plus user when it has the 1TB space. Now the plus users get 2TB space. Do I suppose to ge

Explorer | Level 3
I logout and back in to NO increased stortage

Dropboxer

Hey @NikonPhotoPro, hang tight; we’re currently working to make this available to all our Plus users! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

No Ability to Smart Sync?

New member | Level 2

Hello, I am not finding an ability to set folders to Smart Sync. I can't find anything within the context menu. We're new to Dropbox, so went wild loading files locally... and our OS drive is down to about 10GB free. The culprit, of course, are the copies of the photos I put into the Dropbox folders I created within C:\Users\[AdministratorAcct]\Dropbox. We are Dropbox Plus customers, but can't find anywhere or any ability to make the files cloud-based only. The local utility is 74.4.115 on Windows 10.

Re: No Ability to Smart Sync?

Dropboxer

Hey there @katielu82 - sorry to hear that.

I've moved your post under this thread so as to ping you with some suggestions and to keep things neat around our Community since it's practically the same inquiry as the OP was having. 

To cut things short, we're gradually rolling these changes out to our users so the Smart Sync feature might take some days to surface on your Dropbox Plus account. 

In the meantime, you can use our selective sync feature to free up space on computers with limited hard drive. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any more questions Katie!

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Dropbox Plus 2tb, Rewind and Smart Sync

New member | Level 2

I’ve had Dropbox Plus for over a year. I’m not seeing the new features on my account (i.e. 2tb, Rewind and SmartSync). Help!

Why my dropbox Plus doesnt have 2TB ?

New member | Level 2

How do i get the 2TB out of dropbox plus ? it only gives me 1TB

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't see the extra features given with the new Dropbox Plus subscription, why is that?
68 Replies
20 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post