cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

I don't like the interface of the Dropbox app

New member | Level 2

I like the app. hate the interface.  I can't see the full file names.  It is hard to navigate the file structure. It is clunky, slow and counter intuitive. I want to be able to see and drag/drop between different parts of the file /folder structure easily and intuitively. 

5 Replies

Re: Rubbish interface

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @wirdway, thanks for posting!

We value user input immensely and your feedback has been noted. Could you clarify if this is for the Dropbox site, desktop app, new desktop app, or mobile app?

Keep us posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I mean the online interface accessible through the web.  With all this nonsense. I have to tick a check box and then click an 'eye' icon to see what is inside a folder....I want to be able to see the whole tree and move stuff around, tidy, rationalise at will. It's awful 1.png2.png

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info, I’ve amended the images as per Community Guidelines for your own privacy.

Regarding your observation, you can click the actual folder name once to open the folder itself and view the files inside it, without having to do the extra steps you’re doing currently.

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Super User II

That still doesn't address what the OP wants though. They're looking for a file tree, similar to Explorer or Finder where you can expand and collaspe folders and see the content within, without having to navigate into a folder and not being able to see the rest of the structure above.

The web interface really is horrible, and has been for a long time.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the clarification, @Rich. I’ve added this feedback to the system.

@wirdway, if you wish, it might be worth sharing this suggestion here for other users to vote on it, for the team’s attention!

Jay

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I don't like the interface of the Dropbox app
5 Replies
1 Like
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post