Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

I get an error that the program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.ddl is missing?

Explorer | Level 4

I've tried reinstalling the program (several times) but it didn't work. I use the desktop app in my pc and the app in the other devices. I have this issue in my pc (running W7).

Any help?

21 Replies

Dropbox.exe - Точка входа не найдена

Explorer | Level 4

Error.png

Здравствуйте! Вчера еще все было нормально, а сегодня не могу запустить Dropbox. Через интернет захожу на свой аккаунт, а на компьютере - выдает ошибку. Переустановил Dropbox - не помогло. Проверил папку Авирой - вирусов нет. На другом, ноутбуке - всё нормально. 

Re: Dropbox.exe - Точка входа не найдена

Super User II

Вы пробовали расширенную переустановку?

Explorer | Level 4

Спасибо! Попробовал и снова тот же результат... После удачной (вроде бы) переустановки в процессе синхронизации загружаются файлы, но через 10-15 минут всё обламывается, значок в области уведомлений исчезает, а после запуска dropbox.exe выдает вышеуказанную ошибку. Система - семёрка домашняя, расширенная.

Re: Te program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.ddl is missing

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @JonatanLeopardi. Have you tried an advanced reinstall by any chance

If that doesn’t do the trick, could you please send me a screenshot of the error that you’re seeing (without any personal info)?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Super User II

Вам, вероятно, следует обратиться в службу поддержки Dropbox напрямую, так как они получат доступ к информации вашей учетной записи и могут помочь вам лучше.

Re: Te program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.ddl is missing

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you @Lusil!

I tried to do what you said (Advanced reinstall) but I can't even uninstall Dropbox. In a txt I copied the crash report (https://www.dropbox.com/s/10taaqk57vrdngg/Uninstall%20error.txt?dl=0).

And I also send you a screenshot of the error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhpk4e379u64n84/Error.jpg?dl=0

Thank you in advanced!

Jonatan

Super User II

New member | Level 2

Many thanks, @Rich. I was having this exact same issue since yesterday, and the update solved my problem!

slightly smiling face

Dropboxer
Hey @constanza_, thanks for letting us know what worked for you regarding this. Glad to hear you were able to resolve it. relieved face

@Acconet, I’ve moved your post to this thread to keep relevant queries together and troubleshoot efficiently for you. 

Having said that, @JonatanLeopardi and @Acconet, could you please let us know if @Rich's suggestion (this link) helped resolve this error for you too? 

Thanks in advance! grinning face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I get an error that the program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.ddl is missing?
21 Replies
9 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post