cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

3putts
New member | Level 2

"Sign-in failed. Unknown error, please contact Dropbox customer support"

HI there I cannot sign into Dropbox on my android S6, I keep getting above error.
I have no issue when I try to sign into Dropbox from the Google chrome on my laptop its just on my phone.

I have reset my password and also removed the dropbox app and reinstalled it. Any suggestions?

Regards

Paul

54 Replies 54

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @3putts, thanks for checking in with us - let's see what we can find. 

As a first step, could you check if you're on a Basic account by going to your Plan tab, as well as how many devices you have linked in your Security tab?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

3putts
New member | Level 2

Hi there - yes dropbox basic and I had 2 laptops and 2 of the same phone connected and one of the same phone still not yet completed downloading the app. I have deleted all the phones.

ErinSimon827
New member | Level 2
Try going directly to Dropbox.com on a browser(pref Chrome). You may be able to it from there.

yildizaykut
Explorer | Level 4

I try to login Dropbox app on my Samsung Note 3 with Android 5.0. However, I receive the error message "Sign-in failed Unknown error, please contact dropbox customer support" and I fail to login dropbox. Can anybody help me please? 

Thanks &regards

Aykut 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @yildizaykut, thanks for checking in with us - let's see what we can find. 

As a first step, could you confirm for me if you're on a Basic account by going to your Plan tab and check if you have more than three devices already linked on your Security tab?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for checking that out for me, @3putts

Since you're on a Basic account, you have a three device limit. This means that if you'd like to link a new one, you must unlink enough devices down to atleast two before trying to sign in to another one. You can find more info about this here.

As @ErinSimon827 also mentions though, if you want to navigate through your Dropbox account on your mobile device, you can use the website from your mobile's browser.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

yildizaykut
Explorer | Level 4

Dear sir/madam,

Yes, I am on a Basic account and I have more than three devices already linked. What can I do next?

Thank you very much for your consideration,

Aykut Yıldız

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me, @yildizaykut!

Currently, Basic accounts can link up to three devices. If you want to sign in to a new computer, mobile, or tablet, you'll have to unlink down to atleast two devices. 

You can find more info about this here

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Sue6
New member | Level 2

I have the exact same problem.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    scarsong New member | Level 2
    rharper58 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?