Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

I have a syncing issue after updating my desktop app to version 81.4.195. Can you help?

Helpful | Level 5

After updating Dropbox to version 81.4.195, the files stopped synchronizing. There is an error in the Windows event log "(-2147024894) The specified file cannot be found." The service is installed on the terminal server. Until yesterday, everything worked fine. Corporate client

5 Replies

Re: I have a syncing issue after updating my desktop app to version 81.4.195. Can you help?

Dropboxer

Hey there @Berekat - welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this syncing issue. Could you provide some additional information in order to troubleshoot?

• What OS (and exact build if possible) is the affected device on? 
  • Are you getting any specific errors from our app or your computer? Could you forward some screenshots so we can have a visual too?
  • What's the exact status of the app? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I have a syncing issue after updating my desktop app to version 81.4.195. Can you help?

Helpful | Level 5

1. Windows Server 2012 R2. I know that officially Dropbox as a service is not supported. But it worked for several years.

2. Безымянный.jpg

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me with the additional information @Berekat!

As you correcly mentioned, Windows Server operating systems are not currently supported. If you'd like to see which operating systems we support, you can visit this help center article:https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements

Having said that, we'd like to keep helping as much as we can so please reply back with the answers to these questions so we can evaluate your specific situation:

• Can you replicate the issue on a different computer with an operating system listed as supported from the article above?
  • Was the Dropbox desktop application working as expected before or is this the first time you're trying to use Dropbox on that computer?
  • Approximately when did you first start experiencing this issue?
  • Was Dropbox running as a service on your Server or was it installed as a regular application?
  • Are there multiple Dropbox desktop applications, users or computers interfacing with the same Dropbox folder in your network?

For more information about running Dropbox on a server, and general recommendations, visit this help center article:  https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/server-hosting

If you need information on how to migrate the content of a server to Dropbox and suggestions to improve the efficacy of the process, please visit this help center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/migrate-server-data

I hope this helps!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

• Can you replicate the issue on a different computer with an operating system listed as supported from the article above?

No. Other computers operate in application mode and do not have a similar malfunction.

• Was the Dropbox desktop application working as expected before or is this the first time you're trying to use Dropbox on that computer?

I have been using Dropbox on the server for over two years. All this time the application worked as a service

• Approximately when did you first start experiencing this issue?

19 september 2019

• Was Dropbox running as a service on your Server or was it installed as a regular application?

As a service

• Are there multiple Dropbox desktop applications, users or computers interfacing with the same Dropbox folder in your network?

Yes, the Dropbox folder is shared and used by other users on the network who do not have the Dropbox application

In addition. If Dropbox on the server is running as a service, then synchronization does not occur. If you go to the server as a real user and run the application, then the synchronization proceeds normally.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the speedy response with the additional info I requestsed @Berekat!

Upon further investigation of your specific case, I'm afraid it's no longer possible to move forward with additional support.

While we do support a variety of operating systems, we are currently unable to support Server versions. This doesn't mean that you won't be able to use Dropbox at all, this only means that for this particular type of setup and operating system, we're not able to provide further support.

Please keep an eye on our system requirements page for updates about new supported operating systems:  https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements

I know this isn't the reply you'd like to hear but my hands are tied. I wish I could be more helpful than this. 

Walter

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have a syncing issue after updating my desktop app to version 81.4.195. Can you help?
5 Replies
1 Like
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post