Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I have an issue with syncing when attaching files to email. Any ideas?

Level 2

I installed DropBox and all went well with the installation.  I then created a subfolder called MyResumes and I dropped my two files into that folder.  Next I went to send a test email to friend's AOL account with a copy of the two files attached to it.  But when I tried to attach the two files to the email, DropBox just spun and spun without completing the task.  After about fifteen minutes I killed it.  The two MS Word files were quite small (less than 30K each) so that shouldn't have been the issue.  I can see the files and I can even open them with Word and edit them.

I'm working on a Windows 10 workstation with the latest updates applied.

Thanks!

Jim

2 Replies

Re: Dropbox issue

Super User II
When you run Dropbox what does it say if you mouse over its icon on your status bar?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Dropbox issue

Dropboxer

in addition, it sounds more live AOL than Dropbox. can you explain what u do right before it spins?
Also if you add a file from somewhere else does it behave the same?
if you share through a another mail app what happens?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you have a similar question, feel free to start a new discussion in the "Ask a question" section here.]

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have an issue with syncing when attaching files to email. Any ideas?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post