cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

I'll like to save all my photo from iphoto to dropbox , but it says I haven't enough space on my computer, I don't want to double the space taken by all the photos on my computer

New member | Level 1

Hi, I'll like to save all my photo from iphoto to dropbox , but it says I haven't enough space on my computer, I don't want to double the space taken by all the photos on my computer, how could I backup them on dropbox. And there is not folder "Picture" that appears which I could tunr the sync off.

Could you help me

19 Replies

Re: I'll like to save all my photo from iphoto to dropbox , but it says I haven't enough space on my computer, I don't want to double the space taken by all the photos on my computer

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Arthur,

Best thing to do is to use Selective Sync so you can choose which folders you want to keep on your computer + Dropbox or Dropbox only. Check this out: https://www.dropbox.com/help/175

Hope it helps!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I'll like to save all my photo from iphoto to dropbox , but it says I haven't enough space on my computer, I don't want to double the space taken by all the photos on my computer

New member | Level 1

Merci Ed, but it's not working in my case because the folder "PIcture" (I guest it will be the name) does NOT appear so I can't unselect it with Selection Sync,,,, (My guess is that the Picture folder is created at the end of the export process)

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Ca'va Arthur,

You can follow these instructions to enable camera upload
https://www.dropbox.com/fr/help/307

There's a dropdown menu in case you need to change from 'mac' to 'iphone' or any other device.

Let me know if it works!

Ed G

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 1

Thx again Ed, "camera upload" is already selected. The trouble is not that I want to save my iphone picture BUT that I have more then 150Go of pictures, my macbook air has a 220Go DD (and only 22Go freesapce), I don't want dropbox double it (because I don't have the place), I want them to directly upload all my iphoto's pictures to dropbox inorder to use Caroussel.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Arthur - a suggestion would be to save all these pictures on a separate folder (that's not 'camera uploads') and use the selective sync feature.

Carousel will display all pictures that you have available on your Dropbox, regardless of the folder.

Ed G

Helpful | Level 5

a suggestion would be to save all these pictures on a separate folder (that's not 'camera uploads') and use the selective sync feature.

This won't work since the photos have to be uploaded to Dropbox in the first place.

Arthur,

Can I assume you're using the iPhoto import for Dropbox? The reason you're getting the out of space warnings is because Dropbox is copying those files, not moving them. One thing I could suggest is to move your photos manually into Dropbox if you have them all in one folder. If they're in iPhoto, you may need to free up some space on your computer first before you'll be able to put the in your Dropbox folder.

New member | Level 1

Thx Ryan and Ed, but next time I'll do a "iphoto import to dropbox" (if I want to sync my gopro movie/picture are frome other camera) I'll have the issue again.

No solution to directly copy my iphoto library to a folder that I don't want to replicate on my mac ?

New member | Level 1

so no solution to have a perfect sync for my iphoto if I don't have the iphoto's equal space available ? :/

New member | Level 1

I just want to comment that I have the same problem as Arthur. I found this Q&A when I couldn't solve it myself. I guess there is no solution? That surprises me. I wish Dropbox had a help line, or chat.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'll like to save all my photo from iphoto to dropbox , but it says I haven't enough space on my computer, I don't want to double the space taken by all the photos on my computer
19 Replies
1 Like
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey