Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

I lost some file changes. Any idea what might have happened?

Explorer | Level 4

While attempting to save I got a dialog box stating that "Changes cannot be saved as InDesign can no longer access the 'path to the location on our network'

Place the file in the original location and try again.

The path to the original location was correct but it wouldn't allow the save. Tried a 'save as' to my desktop, but still no luck. Tried saving with a different name... nada.

Any ideas on what may have happened? Is it possible that someone on our team tried to open the file while I had it open and that corrupted it?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Lost file changes

New member | Level 2

Try restoring an older version by logging into your online dropbox account and selecting the ... next to the file in questions, click version history, then restore an older version. If that works, then yes, your file somehow got corrupted but probbaly not from somoene else being in it while you were.   

Re: Lost file changes

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to put that in my back pocket for the next time it happens. As for this particular file, I had to close out with no chance of a save and then rebuild. No fun as it was a Chinese translation job, but thankfully only a couple of hours work.

Thanks again.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I lost some file changes. Any idea what might have happened?
2 Replies
2 Likes