Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: installation error 2 - win 7

Dropboxer

Hey @jlgould, thanks for pinging us here; I’ve now sent you a brief message on my end. Please have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience & we’ll take it from there!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm getting the same error code 2 with both the online and offline installers. I'm running Windows 10 / 1703.

For now I've installed the older version that @TomasAxel suggested until a solution is found.

Dropboxer
Hey @blloyd, I have now sent you a brief message on my end, so as to continue this conversation, as it pertains to your device specifications, so it would be more efficient discussing that & checking back on the info we have on file for your account. When you reply back to me, I’ll do my best to follow-up with you soon. Thanks! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Get Error 2 when trying to install Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Can't install Dropbox.  Getting "Error 2".  The accepted solution from samertm did exactly the same for me.  Anything better??

Re: Get Error 2 when trying to install Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hey @Ken599, thanks for trying to remedy this discrepancy with the latest client version, as per our higher-level technician’s advice. If that’s okay with you, I’d like to follow-up from where you’ve left off checking back on the your account logs through our Official Support channel.

I have now created a ticket on your behalf for the purpose & I’ll make sure to check back with you soon; please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time Ken!

Jane

Highlighted

Unable to install the Dropbox app

New member | Level 2

Good day 

I am unable to install the Dropbox app on my PC. I am running Windows 8.1 on a bootcamp partitioned macbook. I tried all the fixes recommended but still no success. See attached screenshot of the error I am getting. Your assistance will be gladly appreciated because it is frustrating to remove and documents via the web-based version.

Regards

Lindsley NathanInstallation error.jpg

Re: Unable to install the Dropbox app

Dropboxer

Hey @lindsleynathan,

Would you mind trying the steps mentioned here to see if this does the trick?

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne

Thank you for your swift reply. I tried the suggested solution but still no success. I am still getting the same error. 

Regards

Lindsley Nathan

Dropboxer

Hey @lindsleynathan,

I've reached out to your email address associated with your Community profile so that we can look into this further through our Support channel. Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm getting an error 2 when installing the desktop app on my Windows computer. Any ideas?
378 Replies
287 Likes
Solved! : See solution