Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'm getting an error when trying to reinstall my desktop app

Explorer | Level 3

Recentally had my business computer wiped along with the our dropbox files. Once I received the computer back I proceeded to download dropbox again. Installation finished and then I received an error message. "Windows requires a digitally signed driver. A recentally installed program tried to install an unsigned driver... Uninstall the program or device that uses this driver and check the publisher's support website to get a digitally signed driver." The driver is: Dropbox Filter Driver

7 Replies

Re: Digitally Signed Driver

Dropboxer

Hey there @mpalassou - sorry to hear about this. 

Could you send me a screenshot of the exact error message you get so I can have a better view of the matter at hand?

In the meantime, please perform a clean, advanced re-install (preferably using our offline installer) to attempt and fix this.

In any case, please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

I'm still receiving the same error after reinstalling. Dropbox won't accept the screen shot I took to show you the error.

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @mpalassou - could you try sharing a link to the screenshot instead?  

While we're at it, could you check for any pending updates on your computer? 

Also, here's how to attach a screenshot in your next reply (if you haven't tried so far): 

Attach image.png

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

When I try to share a photo is states "An unexpected Error has occurred."

Checked my system for updates. This is a company computer and all updates are managed by the system administrator. Could this also be why I can't download dropbox?

Dropboxer

As a matter of fact, yes, it could be the reason you're seeing this error message - have you checked with your company's IT department or the system's admin directly?

Any information you think might help our investigation will be much appreciated too. 

PS: As per the error you get when trying to attach a screenshot in your reply, could you try another browser or go with the shared link's route I mentioned in my previous response? 

Walter

Explorer | Level 3

Capture.PNG

Dropboxer

I've reached out via email through your existing ticket so we can work on this together @mpalassou.

In the meantime, you could try disabling Windows' signed driver utility to test things out but I wouldn't recommend it without your IT department's input. 

Thanks for your patience and cooperation on this one so far!

Walter

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm getting an error when trying to reinstall my desktop app
7 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post