Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'm having trouble signing out of my account on the website

Helpful | Level 5

In Google Chrome, I can sign out exactly as shown in a related post I found, but when I click on my avatar in Internet Explorer 11, the dropdown menu only flashes (so fast it's almost impossible to see, never mind act on), and I can't navigate to the Sign Out option.  As a result, I'm permanently signed in to DropBox on a laptop computer I use to access the account.  Please let me know how I can fix this.  In future, I'll only use Chrome to access the account, but for now, I need a solution.  Even if I log out in Chrome, if I go to dropbox.com in Explorer on the same machine, I'm still logged in.  Forcing a page refresh using Ctrl+R didn't help.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Re: I'm having trouble signing out of my account on the website

Dropboxer
Hey there @pelhamcc

Since you mention that you’re not able to sign out manually from the website, have you tried clearing the browser’s cache? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Clearing the browser's cache didn't work, but what I can do, I discovered, is to sign in using Chrome, go to "Settings" (which I can't reach in IE, for the same reason I can't sign out) select the "Security" tab and, in the "Web browsers" section, terminate the session by clicking on the X on the right hand side.  So that works.

Thanks for your help, Lusil!

Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping me in the loop, @pelhamcc

Yes, removing browser sessions would also be another way to sign you out from the website on the browsers you’ve signed into - great work on the troubleshooting!

If you have any other questions in the future, just give me a shout. Have a lovely week ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks, Lusil -- you have a great week, too!

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm having trouble signing out of my account on the website
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post