Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

I'm unable to open PDF files when I don't have WiFi?

Explorer | Level 3

Every since I purchased the new iPhone Xs I am not able to view any PDF files on my phone when I’m not connected to Wi-Fi. They are loading with the circle turning around but will not open until I am connected to Wi-Fi. Any suggestions what’s happening?

8 Replies

Re: PDF files don’t open

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Greg, are you trying to download the file on cellular data, or are you using offline files to have the PDF on your device even without internet access?

Let me know more so I can assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay, 

I'm simply trying to open any of my PDF files located in drobox folders. I'm not talking about the offline files available without internet. Before I switched the iphones I was able to view any of my PDF files, wherever I was and now I can only open them while conected to Wi-Fi. And all of the cellurar options within the Dropbox app settings are turned on. I really don't know what's going on. 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
What is the specific error message you get when attempting to view the PDF files? Can you attach an image of it here?

Could you try offlining a file first, while on cellular data, and see if it opens then?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

No error, file is loading but never loads up. when trying to do offline it says pending, but I can't imagine making all my files available online in order to be able to see them while I'm away from Wi-Fi. That's not how it worked before. 2019-02-05 20.54.21.png

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
No, I didn’t get the answers how to correct the issue

Re: I'm unable to open PDF files when I don't have WiFi?

New member | Level 2

Your files are probably stored on the drive which you could not access without the internet or a free paypal account with free paypal money, make sure that the files you wish to view are stored on the internal storage of your device.

New member | Level 2
I’m having the same problem since buying the iPhone X. Did you have any luck solving this?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Could you try deleting the Dropbox mobile app, rebooting the phone, and then re-installing it again?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm unable to open PDF files when I don't have WiFi?
8 Replies
0 Likes