Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

I'm using the Mac OS 10.15 Beta and having trouble relinking my desktop app, any ideas?

Explorer | Level 3

I just downloaded the Mac OS 10.15 Beta and it has had a profound effect on Dropbox. At first it seemed that the Smart Synch feature no longer seems to work. I came across some advice suggesting that I make sure I had the latest version of Dropbox (75.3.114), and then tried to unlink, then relink my account on the desktop. It unlinked fine but refuses to relink. All the files are up online thankfully, but I can't synch to the desktop. In a possibly related matter my available drive space has shrunk quite a lot. Any advice appreciated.

5 Replies

Re: Mac OS 10.15 Beta

Dropboxer
Hey there @rlarrett,

It looks like you actually have the beta version of the Dropbox app installed too (denoted with: XXX.3.XXX )! What I would suggest as a first step would be to install the latest stable version of the app which you can do with the steps below:

1. Sign into Dropbox online.
  2. Click the circular avatar in the top right corner of the web page and choose Settings.
  3. From the Account tab, scroll to the bottom and toggle off “Early releases”.
  4. Uninstall the current Dropbox app on your computer.
  5. Download and install the latest stable version.

If you’re still unable to sign into the Dropbox app, please let me know exactly where you get stuck and if you receive any error messages then a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info) would be very helpful.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Daphne and thanks. I decided to revert to the earlier version of MacOS Mojave and think a little harder about it before installing the new OS. However I will do as you suggest with the Dropbox app version.

Dropboxer

Thanks for updating me here! Let me know if you still experience any issues with the desktop app once you’ve reverted the OS back from the beta version.

Hope you have a great start to the week - Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Since you asked - I decided to try installing the Mac OS 10.15 beta again. This time I downloaded the non-beta version of Drobox as you suggested, then disconnected the local Dropbox files, before installing the OS. After the OS installation I reconnected Dropbox to the local files, which synced perfectly. So I guess it's all fine now. Thanks for your help.

R

Dropboxer
I’m glad to hear that you resolved the issue here @rlarrett with the stable version of the app!

As you know, if you notice anything not working as expected then feel free to ping me here again. I appreciate you taking the time to update us here on what worked for you, I’m sure this will be helpful to others who might have the same questions.

Cheers!

Daphne

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm using the Mac OS 10.15 Beta and having trouble relinking my desktop app, any ideas?
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post