cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File dupplication

I see duplicate files starting with ._ - what can I do?

Daniel A.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

For some reasons, I have a folder and file dupplication. Every single folder starts with ._Folder Name or ._File Name and then all the folders or files available to open appears at the complete end. How can I remove that?

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Daniel A.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm not a computer geek but what I can tell you, it's exactly the problem that I have although, the problem is new since a few months as I've been using Dropbox for several years.

What can I do to remove those files?

Rebecca M.30
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having exactly the same problem. Have you managed to fix it? I share multiple dropbox folders with business colleagues and friends. The duplication of files as dot underscore files has created great confusion. The dot underscore files can be deleted; however as soon as they are new ones reappear. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Did you read the link that I provided above?

Rebecca M.30
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I need to reformat my external drive to HFS+, correct?  In order to do so, I will need to erase the disk? 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?