Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Icon but nothing else

Level 2

I have downloaded Dropbox to my new iMac. The dropbox icon is on the menu but it will not open the program, I have rebooted the imac, dowloaded the dropbox program several times but still cannot open the program. For what it's worth, Dropbox works on my iphone.

Vern

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Icon but nothing else

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Vern, if the icon is on the menu bar, then it is running.

Can you try clicking the icon to see if the app appears? Clicking the gear icon will bring up the Preferences page.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Thanks Jay

When I click on the Dropbox icon I get a choice of "Options, Show Recents or Open"

When I click on Open nothing happens - there is a brief flash and thats it. I'm not sure what I should be looking for when I click the gear icon. There is a page of preferences but I don't see -anything related to Dropbox.

So far I'm patient but very frustrated!!!

Vern

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
That doesn’t sound like the Dropbox icon on the menu bar. Are you also by chance clicking the gear icon in your Finder window, as this would bring up preferences related to Finder only?

Could you forward a screenshot of exactly where you’re clicking, and also the gear icon you’re clicking?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Icon but nothing else
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution