Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Install fails on new Macbook Mojave 10.14.5

Explorer | Level 3

I have tried over and over to install Dropbox on my new laptop.  I have an existing account.  At first I tried the current version (74.4.126).  Both that and the online installer complete but fail trying to bring up the signin with the generic message "Something went wrong".  One of the install links allowed me to download an older version (64.1.95). That worked and brought up the signin but when I put in my credentials it says the version is out of date. So older versions install but are rejected in logon while the latest version(s) fail to even bring up the signin screen with the generic message "Something went wrong".

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Install fails on new Macbook Mojave 10.14.5

Super User II

Thats quite an old version of the software now @rayhookerVersion 76.4.126 seems to be the most recent. Can you try upgrading to that? And if not try the beta version.

Its also worth noting that Dropbox never ever guarantee support on new versions of OSx until it actually launches so, what I'd suggest is keep using the most recent betas you can and report any issues directly in to those beta threads as they are where compatibility will be getting built.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

I tried both to no avail. Actually Mojave 10.14.5 is released.  They just released it in May.  So I am stuck with no clue why it is failing.

Dropboxer
Hey there @rayhooker

As a first step, could you please clarify if you’ve also tried downloading the offline installer of the desktop app’s current stable version (76.4.126) too?

If you have, I’d recommend as a next step to check if there are any third-party apps that might be hindering the installation process, like an antivirus? In this case, try temporarily disabling your antivirus, security program, or check that you have configured your firewall to work with Dropbox - it might do the trick. 

Additionally, if you’re connected through a work network, please check with your company’s IT team, since there may be an update on your firewall settings or any other additional security placed which could be affecting your connection. 

If all this comes to a dead-end, please don’t hesitate to get back to me and send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what the error message that you’re presented with so as to have a better visual of this. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Install fails on new Macbook Mojave 10.14.5
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey