Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Is the new Dropbox desktop app available on Linux?

Level 2

Dear all,

While checking the preferences menu on my Dropbox app from Linux, I noticed that a new hyperlink named 'Try the new dropbox Desktop app' appeared. However, it seems that it is only available on Mac and Windows.

Are there any plans about porting this app to linux?

I recently upgraded to a paid suscription, and I wonder whether Linux users can expect a similar level of support as our friends using Windows and Mac.

With best regards,

Miguel

5 Replies

Re: new Dropbox Desktop App on Linux?

Dropboxer
Hey there @miguelfp,

I’m just checking on this with my team to ensure that I give you the correct information. I’ll make sure to update you here when I have more info about this!

Hope you have a great day ahead - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Dropboxer
Hey again @miguelfp,

Unfortunately the redesigned Dropbox desktop tray isn’t available on Linux. The new Dropbox desktop app is indeed currently only available on supported Windows and Mac OS. 

I understand this isn’t exactly the answer you were looking for. As you’ve expressed your interest in having the new desktop app available on Linux systems too, I’ve passed your comments along to our dev team for review in future improvements.

If you have any other questions, please let me know - Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

I second the app for Linux. My company is already implementing usage for the folks on Windows and Mac.

Thank you,

Adam

New Desktop App (Linux)

Level 4

I've enrolled my team for early access to the "New Dropbox desktop app".  Many of our users are running Linux.  Are the new app features (Surface GUI?) available for Linux?  I currently have v75.3.133 installed.

Thanks!

Re: New Desktop App (Linux)

Dropboxer
Hey there @blainux,

Just to note, I’ve moved your post here as it is relevant to this this topic. As mentioned above, the new desktop app currently isn’t available on Linux OS. I’ll be passing along your comments and interest to our dev team for consideration in future developments. 

I’m always here if you have any other questions about this - Cheers!

Daphne

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is the new Dropbox desktop app available on Linux?
5 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post