Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Lens Selection for Scan Feature

Explorer | Level 4

The document scan feature defaults to the ultra wide angle lens on the Galaxy S10. As a result, documents do not scan clearly because the wide angle lens is not intended for close up shots. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? It appears that the lens selection for the scan feature cannot be changed.

18 Replies

Re: Lens Selection for Scan Feature

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @RFclipse, this is interesting! The document scanner doesn't have any settings to my knowledge, aside from enabling the 'torch' or the flash during a picture-taking.

Just to double-check this, as I don't have a Galaxy S10 to hand right now, could you forward a screenshot of how the document scanner looks like when attempting to take an image?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay, thanks for helping out with this. 

Please see the attached PDF document with some screen shots and troubleshooting info. I'd appreciate you forwarding this info to the development team. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly and included in a future software update.

I believe the Galaxy S10 is the first mainstream android device which includes an ultra wide angle lens, so I can understand how this issue when unnoticed. I'm surprised I was the first S10 owner to report since it renders the scan feature nearly useless.

Explorer | Level 4

Linking to the file. It may have been too large to attach to my last post.

Dropbox Scanner Issue

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Try uploading to your Dropbox account and sharing a link to it.

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4
See the post just before yours for a link.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

The detail in that doc is amazing!

Would it be okay if I reach out to you at the email address associated with your forum profile so that I can forward this info to our team directly?

Jay

Explorer | Level 4
Yes, that would be fine. I'd be happy to provide more info if needed and work with the dev team to test out a fix once available.

Helpful | Level 5

I have the exat same issue. I also noticed now that the button for toggeling the torch is gone. Making the result even worse.

Highlighted

Scan to Document images out of focus

New member | Level 2

In the last few weeks, when I go to a folder, hit "+" and "Scan document", every image I take is out of focus. If I use the "Take a photo" option instead, the image is perfect and crystal clear, but then I have no options for crop and added page which "Scan document" offers.

This feature used to be perfect. I have no other camera issues. Does anyone else have this?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Android 9, all current/stock Verizon images.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Lens Selection for Scan Feature
18 Replies
2 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey