Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

My Dropbox for Xbox wont erase the footer and header when I play Movies before it use to fade away.

New member | Level 2

My Dropbox for xbox use to play movies and the header and footer would dissapear after a few seconds. Now it wont go away it stays and on the top right its has 2 buttons to choose. I would lime it to go back to the original way before the header and footer...

29 Replies

Re: My Dropbox for Xbox wont erase the footer and header when I play Movies before it use to fade aw

Dropboxer

Hey there @SWPY3379 - sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Could you send me a screenshot of the problem so I can get a visual as well? 

Thanks in advance for your response and happy Monday! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: My Dropbox for Xbox wont erase the footer and header when I play Movies before it use to fade aw

Helpful | Level 5
Walter I've tried different XBOX'S because I have 2 and same thing. If you look at the border top and bottom it wont go away  so it cut the movie picture. Also the share and Open and 3 dots button are useless really. It just recently started to do this before everything was good. I'm not sure if it was an update XBOX did or the dropbox switched from Dropbox to Dropbox express in the App store for XBOX

please help 
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

DBOX ISSUES.jpgThis is what is looks like on screen

Explorer | Level 4

same happening to me, videos and pictures are not full screen.

Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot, @Swpy33! Could you please let us know if you are experiencing this issue with other video files by any chance as well? 

Also, @timefrancesco, are you also having this issue with Xbox or have I misunderstood? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, peeps! grinning face

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

So far all I've noticed is only when I try to play movies I have stored in my drop box the file formats seem to work fine its just the border wont go away causing it to not allow it to go full screen. And its only with the XBOX its doing it I tried on my computer and its fine my phone/tablet it seems fine. Also the 3 functions it shows on the side are useless in all as well. If you click share it directs me to my folders. Opem tab doesnt really do nothing and the tab with the 3 dots doesnt do anything either. And I've tried on different consoles to see if it was my XBOX and nope" same on the other one also. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled after wipe the installation out complete. And pulling the power cord out and plugging it back in for a hard reset.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Lu, correct I'm having the issue on the xbox one s.

I've a folder with some videos and photos, when selecting one of them it opens and play or display fine but it's not possible to watch it fullscreen.

The picture posted by @Swpy33 it's exactly what I am experiencing, I would expect the bottom sliding bar and the gray border to disappear after few seconds of playing (or after opening the photo), or maybe when pressing the B button. 

Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you.

Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info, peeps! Much appreciated. 

Initially, it seems that full screen previews on the device in question seem to preview as such, but I’d be more than happy to share your feedback with the dev team for review. 

However, @Swpy33, you mention that some capabilities don’t seem to function as per usual and from what I understand, you’re having this issue when you access your account through the website.

For this reason, have you tried switching browsers, using incognito/private browsing mode, and ensured that you’re not running any browser extensions? 

Don’t hesitate to get back to me if you have any additional comments or thoughts that you’d like me to forward, @timefrancesco! Let me know how it goes, @Swpy33grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 

New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm having exaclty the same issue with my Xbox One. Dropbox works perfectly on all my other devices, but when I watch a video on the Xbox the header and footer remain. This has been happening since the last update.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My Dropbox for Xbox wont erase the footer and header when I play Movies before it use to fade away.
29 Replies
4 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey