Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

My icons won't work on the desktop or the task bar but I can key in the address and get access.

Explorer | Level 4

What do you mean by value?

1 Reply

Re: My icons won't work on the desktop or the task bar but I can key in the address and get access.

Dropboxer
Hey there @janmccoyban,

Can you just clarify the situation a little here for me, I believe you’re having an issue navigating to the Dropbox folder, is that right? 

Can you try clicking the small Dropbox icon in your system tray (near the time display) rather than the task bar. If you have a small upward arrow next to the system tray you may need to click this to expand and see the Dropbox icon. From here, there's a folder icon in the top right of the small window which will navigates you to the Dropbox folder.

The desktop icon you have should just be a shortcut to the Dropbox folder. If this is not working then can you try and create another short cut to the folder by navigating to the Dropbox folder, right clicking it and choosing to create a shortcut. If the above doesn’t quite hit the mark, can you please send me screenshots of the icons and where they are located (excluding any personal info)?

Hope this helps, any other info you can provide for a better understanding is always appreciated - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My icons won't work on the desktop or the task bar but I can key in the address and get access.
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post