Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

New Client Build 68.4.102 an higher stops working on win 7 64Bit

Level 6

Hello,

my Client updates automaticly to Build 68.4.102. After this update the client stops working and shut down. 

I tried already:

- update to beta build 70.3.70.0 - no effect
- deinstall Kaspersky Int. Sec. 19 - no effect
- deinstall Acronis with anti-ransomware tool - no effect
- Windows updates - incl. add. updates - no effect
- update to windows 10 - no effect

I always deinstall the dropbox client compleatly with a tool. Absolutley clean new install of different older clients (from 6x up to 7x).

The client does always a update to the client Build 68.4.102. I tried a full Windows backup from 8th of March. First seconds the client works. Then the autoupdate starts and the client goes to Build 68.4.102 - and I'm back in trouble....

How can I work with an older build and stop the automatic update?

On my notebook I use the Build 68.4.102 - and the strange thing is: the dropbox-task and service is diffrent to the other machine.

On the notebook works the dropbox.exe, QtWebEngineProcess.exe and no service.
On the (not working) desktop pc I find the dropbox.exe and the 2 services dbupdate,  dbupdatem and DbxSvc.

I use the dropbox for my business as freelancer and need quick help.

Regards
marky

5 Replies

Re: New Client Build 68.4.102 an higher stops working on win 7 64Bit

Dropboxer
Hey Marky (@Marky1), I appreciate your detailed description here; I understand the source of your concern & I’m here to help you on that as much as I can on my end. As I can see that there’s an ongoing discussion via our Official Support channel, I’ve made sure to include a copy of your comments there & I’ve increased your support priority internally. 

Since my co-worker can check back on your account-specifics on our tools, they could best address your syncing-related issue on that discussion. Please include all relevant details on that email chain & rest assured that they’ll do their best to follow-up on the matter. 

I hope that this is-even slightly- helpful to you & please do let me know here in case you need further assistance in any way & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks Marky! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 6

Problem solved - your client is bugy!

now I use the old client 67.4.83.

I have forbidden the client to update automatically.

I have taken some steps to do that:

1. Download the old version from the DB beta area
2. Interrupt network connection
3. Uninstall Dropbox with revo uninstaller and all keys and directories
4. Installtion of the new - old - version
5. In the task scheduler the two entries for the Dropbox update are deactivated
6. In Kaspersky's firewall, all entries are changed to "always ask" with "Dropboxupdate".
7. Searched and deactivated with msconfig / services for entries for the update.

Now the client works as he should without crashing. All current clients from 68.4.102 and higher do not work under my Windows 7 64. The client has just asked again (that is also new) if he may update. Of course not.

The problem cost me 2 days now. Tell that to your programmers!

Marky

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that about the delay this has caused you Marky (@Marky1); I understand that you’d need some hands-on assistance on the matter & I can see that our higher-level technician replied back to you on your open ticket approximately 12 hours ago. Have you received their latest message? 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Desktop App crashes on Win10 64-Bit

Level 6

Hallo,

my Problem is back: the new clients higher then 67.4.83 will crash under Win 10 (see this thread). 

At March I had the same problem - but I solved it. I use the old client and all works fine. But the last days the client informs me: my client will not longer work 3 days, 2 days, 1 day - finish. 

Today I tried to update to client Dropbox 73.4.118, later I installed 74.3.109. Every time the same result: the client starts, start sync, stoped working with an Error. 

- I cleaned always the old installation with Revo uninstaller
- I changed the selected drive
- I tried to download the complete Box on a new drive and directory
- I tried to use selected sync

I forgot: I use also the check for bad filenames or directorys - no problems

Nothing works! Time to change the cloud service.

Re: Desktop App crashes on Win10 64-Bit

Dropboxer

Hey @Marky1, please accept my apologies for the tardy reply on my end. Have you by any chance had a chance to work on that since you wrote us here? Please do let me know & I’ll do my best to follow-up with you!

Jane

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

New Client Build 68.4.102 an higher stops working on win 7 64Bit
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post